FS: Collings UC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arob54

UU VIP
Reaction score
I posted an ad looking to trade but I have found a tenor. So now I am selling this concert outright and no longer looking for a trade.

SOLD! $1200 OBO shipped via usps priority. PayPal goods and services, (I’ll cover the PayPal fees). This has rosewood so US only.

As it’s widely known, Collings is no longer making ukuleles. The condition of the is little guy is great with just a few faint strum marks on the top, they have to be in the right light to be seen. It has a a lot of figure for a UC1 model. No dents, dings, scratches. No previous repairs or items needing repair. No previous modifications. Has been properly humidified with smooth fret ends and no warping. Collings case included. The craftsmanship and playability are as high level as billed, and the tone is just outstanding. It’s hard to let go of, but I prefer playing tenors.

HMS listing description of the UC1:
“The UC1 is our entry-level satin lacquer finish concert model with simplified appointments. But don't let the ''entry-level'' part fool you - it's built with the same quality construction as our higher end models. With solid Honduran mahogany top, back and side wood, the UC1 is undoubtedly one of the finest professional concert ukes available in its price range.
Standard Features Include:
-Select mahogany body and neck
-Tortoise and wood nitrite strip rosette
-Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
-Unbound traditional "Single-Point" headstock
-Rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid ivoroid Collings logo
-Rosewood radiused fingerboard
-Mortise and tenon neck joint
-18 Frets, neck joins the body at the 12th fret
-"C" shape neck and 1.73" string spacing
-12" Fingerboard radius
-1 3/8" Bone nut
-15" Scale length
-Narrow 18% nickel-silver fretwire
-Ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
-Pegheds geared tuners with 4:1 ratio
-Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage”

Contact me via PM or email me at arob54(at)gmail(dot)com with any questions or if you are interested in purchasing.

6B7213FB-5BE8-4B1C-AEEF-F14E4476B0C9.jpg

More photos:https://photos.app.goo.gl/qg9RDFP2kLxvtetd6

Thanks for looking,
Andy

Last edited:
Bump to the top, I am open to offers and will pay for the shipping and insurance. I will send via USPS priority to get it there as quick as possible. It will be packaged well and I will cut up some styrofoam to insulate the box.

Last edited:
That is a terrific looking Collins concert. I'm surprised there haven't been any takers.

Best of luck with the sale. And enjoy your Collins tenor.

I'm surprised that there haven't been any takers, either. Collings are fantastic ukuleles, and really sing. It's too bad they are no longer making them.

I’m giving this one last bump here. I listed this to chase another, but the tenor I was looking at has sold so there is less motivation on my side to sell. If it hasn’t sold by the end of the weekend I’m going to pull the ad and keep it.

Collings makes a great uke. This one is priced $300 less than the other one that just sold on this forum for $1500!

fantastic deal.
from my experience, Collings' mahogany UCs are warmer, sweeter and pack more punch than the koa model.

Is this still available? If so, I'm definitely interested. Do you take paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom