I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song (Jim Croce)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
I can't believe Jim Croce has been gone nearly 46 years. And I can't help what other great songs he would have written if he hadn't been killed in that airplane crash. Hope you like my rendition:

As I said elsewhere John, JC has always been one of my musical heroes and you did him great justice here. Mind you, we wouldn't expect anything BUT 'excellent' from YOU!
Well done yet again my friend.

Thanks, Dave! I really appreciate it. I hope you're feeling stronger and getting better....

Thanks, Mike! I can't believe Jim Croce died almost 46 years ago. Time flies!

Time flies!

It sure does.
As a big Star Trek fan, I was gob-smacked this morning when I read that 'Star Trek : The Next Generation' ceased production OVER 25 YEARS AGO!!!
I remember watching that last episode as if it was yesterday!! (And no...I wasn't watching it as one of the many re-runs yesterday! :) lol x

Dave, it's mind-boggling how "long ago" some stuff came out. I remember we were calling music from the fifties as "oldies" when I was in high school (in the 70s), so we're going to need a new term for all that ancient music now! Ha ha!

I think of the oldies as 50’s also. I asked Alexa to play oldies. First song out of the gate was Stairway to Heaven!!!

Dave, it's mind-boggling how "long ago" some stuff came out.

A while ago on TV here a reporter was interviewing children (about 15 years old, I suppose) in the classroom about the nerves they were feeling on the approach to their exams.

A young girl in uniform was working and he asked he what she was working on.

"Its my project on ancient music," she replied.

"That's interesting," says the reporter. "What's it about?"

"A band from a long time ago called 'The Beatles'," she answered.

I couldn't stop myself. I laughed out loud...then cried. lol

Thanks, John! I really appreciate it! It's funny... no matter how much time I spend on post-production, I always think I should have done this or that AFTER I post it. But in the end, the song is so great that sometimes it's better not to mess around with it too much.

Very funny stories, chillywilly and Dave! I guess we can safely call '80s music and oldies. For example, "Every Breath You Take" is 36 years old! Ouch!

Wow, lovely performance.

Croce was one of those artists who was in the limelight for such a short time, yet had some really outstanding songs. This is one of his really lovely heartfelt ones. I also love Operator. It is a really touching song that gets me a little choked up any time I hear it.

Thanks, EDW! I really appreciate it! I agree about Jim Croce. He was famous for songs about bad, mean dudes like Leroy Brown, but I especially love his romantic ballads. :)

'Every Breath You Take" is 36 years old??
Wow! Now I REALLY feel ancient!

Thanks, Joseph! He had so many good ones! :)

I'll second that! Great job, John, and glad to see the Volkswagen Bus is back! Reading all of your remarks, I'm reminded of a story about Paul McCartney, meeting some grade school kids who weren't really familiar with him, and one of them proudly said, "My dad's in a band!", to which Paul replied, "Oh really? I was in a band once me-self..."

Thanks, Bill! That corner of the room by the window is becoming my favorite place to record, so I think the VW bus will make a frequent appearance. It's amusing to think of McCartney talking to kids who don't know who he is. Another example of time flowing by is that I did a quick poll of one of my classes to see how many people had seen the movie "Titanic" and only three students raised their hands. I was at first surprised, then realized the movie is 22 years old, older than my students! :O

Top Bottom