Production grinds to a halt again.

Same here. I tried overdrive for a few weeks and ended back in 1st gear, where I belong I suppose. Fused vertebrae, degenerative disc disease, all the lower lumbar discs herniated, sciatica, nerve damage in one leg. It's probably about time for another shot of steroids to the spine. Don't like pain killers and I do... not... want... surgery.

I'm in the same boat with the back Tim & Blue so I can literally feel your pain. I also have a fused ankle & only one lower leg bone on the same side as the fusion. Plus nerve damage in both arms and hands. I have bucked surgery for years but they tell me if I don't have it I'll lose use of both hands and one arm. So I'm building through the pain just in case I cant after the upcoming operations. I know it's not a competition LOL!!! And the reason I replied was actually to wish you both the best of health that you can muster.... Be well guys....

L.D.

If it's Carpal Tunnel surgery Log Dog, it's no big deal if they can do it without opening up the palm.. I had both mine done. Average surgery was 15 minutes with no restrictions after a couple of days. If open surgery takes about 6 weeks to rehab. I did lose use of my right pinkie and ring fingers though from not having surgery on the Ulnar nerve.

Yikes! I was advised surgery over 20 years ago for Carpel Tunnel 'symptoms'. Didn't go ahead and it sorted itself when I discovered that it was a wonky C7 disc in my spine. I have very dry hands which is great because my steel strings on my guitars last a lifetime and I don't sweat onto my work - sweat discolours koa! However my days always start with a challenge - getting out of bed. This is not because of 'mattress glue' but one of the symptoms of PD - muscle pain. If I can get myself vertical quickly enough and press my back against the cold bedroom wall, I can get going without too much pain in half a minute. After 5minutes walking the low level background pain that accompanies my waking day subsides and the business of work blots it out for the most part.... Getting old IS NOT for wimps folks!

Carpal tunnel is only part of my issues. I only have 12% nerve conduction in my right arm and less in my left. Besides the carpal tunnel in both hands I also require a similar surgery in both elbows and my left shoulder just to un kink the hose.... as it were. Then there is another surgery where (as I understand it) they will try to transplant a nerve from another part of my body. I find out more at my meeting with the Neurologist and the Ortho surgeon in September. Its a bad issue because I have a condition that is continuously damaging the nerves in my body and have caused me two mini strokes in the past. To be honest I'm more interested in living life to the fullest rather than dwelling on what might happen. That just depresses me and nobody wants to see me when I'm depressed LOL!!! I can be a bear..... I want to be remembered as the dad, husband, uncle, son, brother, cousin,& friend that did stuff for his family and friends with a smile to the end. Be it tomorrow or 30 years from now. Enough about me as I think I am hijacking this thread. All in all I know back pain and I feel for the OP..... That's all. :) Please forgive my peeking over the edge in here.... I now return you to the banter of the day.

L.D.

If it's Carpal Tunnel surgery Log Dog, it's no big deal if they can do it without opening up the palm.. I had both mine done. Average surgery was 15 minutes with no restrictions after a couple of days. If open surgery takes about 6 weeks to rehab. I did lose use of my right pinkie and ring fingers though from not having surgery on the Ulnar nerve.

I wish you all excellent health and abundant prosperity!

Yes, let's get on with making now the pity party is over. Honestly man, I'm glad I just have three things of health concern - you are an income generator for the medical profession LD!

Top Bottom