Used KoAloha 6 String Ukulele

Howie1947

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what these would sell for on the market? It has a Fishman pickup installed. It's a factory second, with a barely noticeable finish flaws. Built in 2006 I think. I purchased it from the late and great MGM..........Thanks.............By the way, I've taken great care of it

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea what these would sell for on the market? It has a Fishman pickup installed. It's a factory second, with a barely noticeable finish flaws. Built in 2006 I think. I purchased it from the late and great MGM..........Thanks.............By the way, I've taken great care of it

These are sweet ukes. They sold new for a similar price as 6 string Kamakas and Kanileas, and I assume that used ones would drop in value at a similar rate. So as there are way more used 6 string Kamakas floating around you can check for completed used sales on eBay to get an idea for that vintage. As a rough guess I would think around $1K.

The challenge is that the model has shifted to the KoAloha Opio line, so what you'll want to do is to make sure that buyers know that the instrument is not an Opio, and that it is Koa. I'd also look at Reverb and do a web search in general (eBay, etc.) to see what similar models sold for.

While there are collectibles, I'm generally a buyer of used instruments at 65% of the original purchase price or lower...and I sell at the same rate.

The challenge is that the model has shifted to the KoAloha Opio line, so what you'll want to do is to make sure that buyers know that the instrument is not an Opio, and that it is Koa. I'd also look at Reverb and do a web search in general (eBay, etc.) to see what similar models sold for.

While there are collectibles, I'm generally a buyer of used instruments at 65% of the original purchase price or lower...and I sell at the same rate.

Isn't the Opio a Guilele kind of instrument with additional low A and D strings? I assumed the OP referred to a rare Imaikalani that has C and A strings in octaves. May need some clarification.

I have the Koaloha 6-string Imaikalani ukulele and it is one of the best sounding ukes I have ever owned. It too is a factory special. If I were selling mine, I would take no less than $950 for it. It is equal to any Koaloha tenor, but with the sound of the 6-string. it is also the easiest of my ukes to play with very low action. I had a Kamaka 8-string from 1979 and this KoAloha 6-string blows that 8-string out of the water. $950 - $1000 for factory special.

Top Bottom