Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone try Seaguar Pink flurocarbon

Default Anyone try Seaguar Pink flurocarbon

So, I had Strings by Mail, send me four double sets of Oasis warm recently, when I really wanted Brights. Looking at gauges, I see three of four strings are the same gauges. Just the A string is different. If I move A string on warms to 4th string and add a .0215 I then have brights. Problem solved.

Salvarez makes a .0216 which I could buy and get Strings by Mail to mail to me in Canada. Then I thought about Seaguar fishing line. After reading a bunch of threads it appears that most people suggest 30-40 lbs Premier or Blue Label. Well, as chance would have it Cabellas only has pink label. 30 lbs =.020 and 40 lbs = .022. Both sizes I would be OK with to make my set.

Aside from string being Transparent pink in colour they say on Seaguar’s site 100% flurocarbon and even slightly less stretch that both Blue and Premier label. The links do not feel brittle. Do you think these would be fine.

I could do a Amazon.ca and get blue label. Wait a week. Just curious on what you folks who have tried fishing line think and suggest!

if I order 2 meter singles from String by Mail, I wait two plus weeks and it will be slightly more money that the $28 Canadian for 426 yard spool of either pink label or blue label shipped in.

Suggestions.

Pink label, looks to be the same stuff and blue label and premier label but pink hue. That being said, width huge response to this issue, perhaps should just order blue label on Amazon. Can anyone comment on using fishing line I general.. I’m not going to buy four spools and make sets, I just need to correct my ordering mistake for A string. One string seems harmless. LOL

From what I’ve read on fishing forums and info from the Seaguar site, Pink Label appears to be the same as Red Label. If this is true, Red Label is what Fred Shields uses on his ukuleles. I don’t like Red Label as much as Blue Label and Premier. I usually buy Seaguar cheaper off eBay, unless I need it right away and then I’ll drive to the tackle shop.

John

Thanks John. That is kind of info I was looking for. If Pink is like Red and someone has tried Red and didn't like them, I’m best to go safe route......order Blue label on Amazon and wait a week. It’s only one string but I’m going to do it on eight sets. I will post results of experiment

Most formula all use blue label anyways
    Cheers

I've tried most of the Seaguar variants on my requintos and ukuleles and settled on Seaguar Pink Label for most of my 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings. It's not a night and day difference but Pink Label is a level smoother in texture than Seaguar Blue and a little rounder or sweeter in tone. I also like the feel and tone of Seaguar Premier but it's a little higher in tension than Pink at the same diameter (higher density fluorocarbon I assume). Premier is also very smooth under the fingers and quiet when I use fingernails (no squeak). I actually use Premier 40LB (.022") as a first string on some of my classical guitars because the tension is slightly higher than the Pink .022" (the .024" versions are too tense for my fingers). Blue Label is the only Seaguar product I really disliked due to the rougher texture, brighter timbre and tendency to fray easily compared to the Seaguar lines. Seaguar's newest product—Gold—I haven't tried yet (it's supposed to be even higher in density than Premier).

Interesting comment. Now, I’m on the fence. I like your comment that the PINK is a sweet sounding. I like bright but also like the idea of lower tension you mention for Pink as proposed to Premier. I also like the smooth feel vrs what you describe blue as being rougher to the feel.

I would assume because I’m simply making Oasis warms to bright that by just adding a single string, A string, and moving the .023 A that comes with set to high g, that either blue, Premier or pink would do.

This is why I live UU, everyone is so helpful.

seaguar Pink comes in 30 lbs =.020 gauge and 40 lbs=.022 gauge. Any comment on which on to use for A string. I see D’Addario carbon use a .0205 for their A string.

Thank you both for comments. Pink, is local. I can walk down to Cabela and buy it. It’s fast andd simple. I was just saying away because nobody had said they tried it. Now Guatemala. Which one?

I guess I should proof my post. I’m horrible typing on IPad and sometimes things come out not as expected with spell check. Ha ha second last sentence......should read Guage. As in which roll should u buy. 30 lbs for .020 “ or 40 lbs for .022 which is what Pink label offer. Just curious your suggestion having used it.

It really depends on your touch and instrument. I use Pink .020" (30LB) on my Kremona and Romero Creations tenors. I have Pink .022" on my Romero Creations Baritone 6, Tiny Tenor 6 and Pono MT-E tenor (with really low action).

I have a variety of tenors. My Tiny Tenor- solid top/laminate back and sides is one I’m thinking of and wanted Oasis bright on! I have Oasis brights on Pono AT and they sound great. My Pono MTD-SP has DAddario flurocarbon. It sounds good.

All have fairly low action. My touch can be light it heavy....hard to explain.....it depends on song and situation.

Thanks for comments. Your Uke reviews are great and I’ve gone to your site, in the past..I enjoy your playing.

Very thorough and well done.

Has anyone compared Red Label to Pink Label?

John

Thread Information