Picture of You

S11LKO

Reaction score
Self-explanatory mates, methinks. lol

Hi Dave! Good voice, good play. Thank you for sharing. Nice tapping too. I just remind this comedian. George Shimaki.

I don't get the connection between George Shimaki and Dave.

Anyway, nice catchy tune, Dave. I had never heard it before. Is it an obscure English tune?

regards
Luke

Anyway, nice catchy tune, Dave. I had never heard it before. Is it an obscure English tune?

regards
Luke

It’s an old song from 1962 Luke mate, originally made a hit in the U.K. by ‘Joe Brown & The Bruvvers’ who admittedly did it a darn sight better than me! I love Joe Brown, and have seen his (two man) solo show several times - three times over recent years - although at 76 years of age he finally seems to be cutting down a bit on his touring. He’s a real old school entertainer, a great amusing personality, and a great guitarist/multi-instrumentalist. By his own admission he doesn’t have the best singing voice in the world (maybe THAT’S why I identify with him? lol) but he still packs out shows whenever he’s on stage.

Last edited:

regards
Luke

Hi, lfoo6952! George's gags are hitting his chest and hitting his head with ash trays. Dave's tapping on his guitar remind George's gag.

Dave: I love Joe Brown too! He is not big in the US, so I don't hear much about him.

Luke...I've just today been told he's touring with his band again in the coming months, appearing not too far from me on 16th September.
Let's hope I'm not in hospital at that time.
I'll be more pee'd off about missing his show than I will be about the surgery! lol

Dave: That's great that he incoming to your nearby city. Enjoy the show. Maybe you can get him to sign your ukulele!

That would be great buddy, but he sells his own named & promoted ukes via his marketing team in the foyer of each venue, so I doubt he'll be up to signing mine unless I bought one of his. No harm in asking though matey - thanks for the suggestion! X

Top Bottom