Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 393 - Are You Hep to the Jive?

Default Season 393 - Are You Hep to the Jive?

Hipsters! Flipsters! and Finger-Poppin' Daddies!
    Knock me your Lobes!

We are going to dive into the JIVE (*) on the next Wig-Flippin' session of The Three Hundred and Ninety-Third Season of the Ukulele!

We want to peep what all you cats and kitties have been laying down to let others dig your meaning, or like what you have dug in the verbiage of other out-there cats and kitties.
    What solid songs have sent you into the stratosphere with their fancy flights of jive?
    We want you to hep us to what it is all about!

Rev up the ol' bean, latch on to a spark, and lay down some video trickeration and post it post-haste to YouTube.

Grok that you have a Set of Eight Brights, running from the black of 12-Chimes in Hawaii this Sunday to the 12-Chimes of blackness that ring out the final dregs of Sunday-the-Next on the Islands of Aloha.

Not being much for rules, there are none, other than it knocks us out when you play the ukulele, so it's like cool to do so.
    Also not being much for dough right at the moment, we got no prizes to send to you, since it takes geets to get 'em and still more green to wing 'em your way, and like we said, we got none.
    But it's still like cool to bust your conk and send us your solid-sender anyway.

PLAYLIST

*Now listen, children, know that by "JIVE" you could say we mean "SLANG." Or at least those special words or phrases used on the street, by musicians, beatniks, pipefitters, sailors, gangsters, loggers, or any other group that uses this type of language in their group but what may be a bit alien to others outside the group.

Are you hearin' me clear? Songs using jive-lingo or what you might call "slang" in a song. Now go wail-up some killer licks and lay 'em on me!
    Last edited by Yukio; 08-25-2019 at 09:10 AM. Reason: clarification

Oh stewardess, I speak jive. He said he is in great pain and wants to know if you can help him.

[QUOTE=Harmony Smurf;2174399]Oh stewardess, I speak jive. He said he is in great pain and wants to know if you can help him.[/QUOTE
    Love a good Airplane reference ��

Solid, Jack!

Keep the love raining gently down upon the hats, cats!

If you need some help gettin' your fuse lit, look up some of these longhairs...

Lord Buckley
    Al "Jazzbo" Collins
    Harry "The Hipster" Gibson

Now reep this righteous riff!

Yip Rock Heresy

From what I can piece together, Slim wrote this song about his time living in Detroit where an Armenian woman
    had taken him in and often cooked him Arabic food. The song, Yip Roc Heresy, is made up almost entirely
    of Arabic food names. "Yip roc" is actually "yabraq," stuffed grape leaves, and "heresy" is actually "heressah,"
    a sweet semolina dessert.

Lyrics:
    Yep ruk hu'reesee
    Ku'bisinee e kubu'ba
    U'lu hu'mish u mak voutee
    Yep ruk hu'reesee
    U luh mish wey u luh mish voutee
    U luh mish u ruenimoa
    Yep ruk hu'reesee
    Ku'bisinee e kubu'ba
    U'lu hu'mish uv oa voutee
    Yep ruk hu'reesee
    Oa voutimoa
    Kibi'sini kibisee voutee kibisee voutee
    Kibisee vuetee
    Uee chiku chiku chiku chkie
    La ho mak vuenimoa
    Mu'saan bu or'uenee
    Yep ruk hu'reesee
    Ku'bisinee e kubu'ba
    Yep ruk hu'reesee
    Aluh mish vuetee u luh mish o'reenee
    U luh mish vuetee u lu mi rueneemoa
    Yep ruk hu'reesee
    Ku'bisinee e kubu'ba
    Yep ruk hu'reesee
    U luh mish wey chilee un tu'meytoa saus
    Ou voutee hu'reesee
    Ku'bisinee e
    Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 08-23-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Quote Originally Posted by Yukio View Post
    Hipsters! Flipsters! and Finger-Poppin' Daddies!
    Knock me your Lobes!

We are going to dive into the JIVE on the next Wig-Flippin' session of The Three Hundred and Ninety-Third Season of the Ukulele!

We want to peep what all you cats and kitties have been laying down to let others dig your meaning, or like what you have dug in the verbiage of other out-there cats and kitties.
    What solid songs have sent you into the stratosphere with their fancy flights of jive?
    We want you to hep us to what it is all about!

Rev up the ol' bean, latch on to a spark, and lay down some video trickeration and post it post-haste to YouTube.

Grok that you have a Set of Eight Brights, running from the black of 12-Chimes in Hawaii this Sunday to the 12-Chimes of blackness that ring out the final dregs of Sunday-the-Next on the Islands of Aloha.

Not being much for rules, there are none, other than it knocks us out when you play the ukulele, so it's like cool to do so.
    Also not being much for dough right at the moment, we got no prizes to send to you, since it takes geets to get 'em and still more green to wing 'em your way, and like we said, we got none.
    But it's still like cool to bust your conk and send us your solid-sender anyway.
    Probably my new favourite Seasons intro of all time - but I’m not sure I understood a word of it!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony Smurf View Post
    Oh stewardess, I speak jive. He said he is in great pain and wants to know if you can help him.

In the words of Maynard G. Krebs...”you rang?”

Wait so are we playing Jive or playing whatever the hell we want or is that the same thing?
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Thread Information