Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Season 393 - Are You Hep to the Jive?

This song by my ukulele mentor Dr Sparkles begins with backng vocalist of bass and baritone chanting "Silly Psy been laughing all day"

When I couldn't get that right, I though I'd go simple on a Saturday night. Yeah, no. I still overcomplicated it...

https://youtu.be/iTnBbXOk8ow
    Last edited by Joko; 08-31-2019 at 12:28 PM. Reason: forgot video
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Been a difficult week for me personally here Christopher, but I'm trying to find something that fits the theme that I can learn and do before the season ends. Thanks for hosting this week ~

I had to cut out to make a couple of gigs over the last few brights, but I got back to the crib to find all these fantabulous videos waiting for me!
    I gotta say, "You people are cold knocking me out!" Hep-hep indeed!

Sorry to say I gotta throw this jive-juggernaut into autopilot again, cause I got another gig tonight, but I will be back to see what you cats and kittens have been throwin' down when I get back to the dom by early bright tomorrow.

Catch y'all on the flip-side!

I just HAD to do a Cab Calloway.

Randy - Harry122

Cab Calloway and his band might've needed a little sailin' now and again. Hep to that?

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Hey there, Frantic Ones! We are counting out the last hour before midnight Hawaii time. Time for another video? Smoke 'em if you got 'em. For the rest of you kiddies, it's time for a bedtime story:

bit late for the bedtime story, but hey, cats keep their owwwn time
    blame Mads for this...

Thanks so much for a fascinating week, Christopher! I now know what "jive" IS, even if I got it wrong!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Thanks for hosting Christopher! Really enjoyed researching the topic and hearing some cool tunes. Sorry I wasn't able to get something done this week! Another clear reminder from the universe that I need to expand my chord vocabulary beyond Am C F and G7 ~

Thread Information