Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Martin Konter Informational Thread

Just picked mine up from the music store in Canada! Opened the box in the store direct from the Martin factory. I had to pre-pay the whole uke when I ordered many months ago but when I got to the music store today, they gave me $150 back because it had went down in price! hehe Picked up a bottle of vodka after that! hehe Should keep me warm with the North Pole Uke.

Too soon to evaluate but it is really light and beautifully engraved. Tuning must settle but intonation is good.

Petey

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyHoudini View Post
    Just picked mine up from the music store in Canada! Opened the box in the store direct from the Martin factory. I had to pre-pay the whole uke when I ordered many months ago but when I got to the music store today, they gave me $150 back because it had went down in price! hehe Picked up a bottle of vodka after that! hehe Should keep me warm with the North Pole Uke.

Too soon to evaluate but it is really light and beautifully engraved. Tuning must settle but intonation is good.

Petey
    Glad it arrived OK and glad you got a hefty discount.

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the Konter. I've tried many different strings and the Martin 605's that came on mine was overall the best sounding strings. Very vintage sounding.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Jim
    Current Ukuleles:
    2007 Martin Style 3K Soprano
    2009 Bean Sprout Banjolele
    2011 Martin Style 2K Soprano
    2017 Martin Style 3K Custom Tenor
    2018 Martin Style 3K Custom Concert
    2019 Martin Style 3K Custom Soprano
    2018 Martin Style 3 Centennial #2230085
    2018 Martin 1T IZ Tenor (#576)
    2018 Martin S1
    2018 Martin Konter Replica
    2018 Kamaka HP-1 Pineapple

Petey
    I enjoy your videos and look forward to your video review
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

Petey
    Congrats Petey! I look forward to your thoughts on this new addition to your Martin family.

Cheers!
    ~Jodie

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop232 View Post
    I've tried many different strings and the Martin 605's that came on mine was overall the best sounding strings. Very vintage sounding.

Jim
    I too have played around with different string sets on my Konter ie; Worth clear, brown, living water, and a custom set from Uke Logic. Of course it’s all a matter of opinion, but other strings seem to pale in comparison to the martin 605’s on the Konter. Although i’ll continue to experiment, my experience is that the original set a uke was voiced with is what seems to sound best in most cases.

~Jodie

For those interested, there is a used one listed

https://reverb.com/item/29155508-use...oprano-ukulele

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    For those interested, there is a used one listed

https://reverb.com/item/29155508-use...oprano-ukulele
    Your post brought back the wonderful smell of that uke.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information