Martin Konter Informational Thread

Funny thread. "Can't Explain" was a song by The Who. Lol

I just love the Konter uke story and having a great quality ukulele.

Petey

First I've heard of a smell test, at least as far as Martins go. Having 4 waiting for new homes and 6 waiting to have work done, plus my keeper concert. I believe I've gone nose blind.

First I've heard of a smell test, at least as far as Martins go. Having 4 waiting for new homes and 6 waiting to have work done, plus my keeper concert. I believe I've gone nose blind.

Hmm. I've just had a thought. Most of these vintage ukes must have been exposed to much cigarette smoke, as decades ago smoking was extremely common. How has this affected the vintage ukes you run into?

"decades ago smoking was extremely common. How has this affected the vintage ukes you run into?"

You know that classic 'bark' they talk about? It's actually a cough.

John Colter.

True Martin fans know the first thing you do when looking at or buying a Martin branded instrument is stick your nose in the sound hole and have a good sniff. It's a well documented phenomenon.

Jim

Funny! I've noticed ukulele reviewers sniffing whatever they're reviewing, but I've never detected much of a smell in my own ukes, except for this Konter.

Funny thread. "Can't Explain" was a song by The Who. Lol

I just love the Konter uke story and having a great quality ukulele.

Petey

Petey, be sure and post a NUD thread when you get your new Konter and also update this thread. Also, ensure a thorough sound hole sniffing is done and then described here for review. :cool:

Jim

We don't need to see a video of the sniffing process. This is getting just a bit too weird.

John Colter.

ps. I have enquired about the price of a Konter in the UK. At around £2,000 it is way out of my league. I'll just get my kicks vicariously by reading this thread.

Petey, be sure and post a NUD thread when you get your new Konter and also update this thread. Also, ensure a thorough sound hole sniffing is done and then described here for review. :cool:

Jim

In my case, it's not the sound hole I sniff. The entire uke smells beautiful.

I would request that the moderators move this to a new area for fetishes.

Or 'Grafitti'

Ogle it, feel it, smell it, listen to it...what's next, taste? :D:D

Olfactory glands and taste buds are linked. A nice, deep inhalation may give us a taste. Jerry, please try out this theory and tell us what it tasted like.

If anyone in the UK is after one, I spotted this one this morning in the window of Westside Mi on Denmark Street in London -

IMG_20190831_082742.jpg

I would really like one, but that's way too steep for me. There is currently a Ken Timms soprano getting the multiple signature treatment in an initiative started on Ukulele Cosmos. It will be interesting to see how its story develops.

John Colter.

Top Bottom