Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The NEW KoAlohas

My KTM-00 from HMS gets delivered tomorrow. I spent several days going over the photos as well and the first one I picked out sold before I made my decision. Then as I looked more and more at them I was getting confused about which ones were actually the new ones and which ones were older models.

Quote Originally Posted by Muybien04 View Post
    Did you have to make any adjustments to the nut for the soloist?
    probably not, the soloist is much thinner than a nylon or flouro g
    there is no substitute for LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    I'm happy to stay with my acacia Opio long neck concert, thank you.
    I'll be sticking with my Opio too. Although I'm a tiny bit envious that the new ones don't say "Opio", I probably won't be spending that kind of money on a uke again.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by slacker036 View Post
    My KTM-00 from HMS gets delivered tomorrow. I spent several days going over the photos as well and the first one I picked out sold before I made my decision. Then as I looked more and more at them I was getting confused about which ones were actually the new ones and which ones were older models.
    I did the same thing! I wanted the one that they used in the video demo, but it sold the same day I decided I wanted it haha. At some point, they were listing the 'new' design, there were a few that had new body shape, but it has the old neck and it was 15 fret to body instead of 14 fret to body like the new design is supposed to have. Mine is from the 1st batch listed. You won't be disappointed. Mine sou ds better each day. Sadly I have to send it back to have some intonation issue straightened out. But yea you'll fall in love.
    Ukes:
    Kala KA-SA-T (Solid Acacia Tenor)
    Cordoba 15 CM(Mahogany Concert)
    Pono MT-PC(Solid Mahogany Tenor)

Ok I give up. How the heck do I post a picture from my computer. I've been a part of other gear related forums and never bothered to figure it out. Don't understand why its so difficult. I clicked on the 'insert image' icon in the quick reply window. Chose the picture. And it just gives me this "Attachment 121243" Please send help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ukes:

Oops. I guess I sort of did it. Why did it rotate the picture?? Sorry everyone.
    Ukes:

Quote Originally Posted by UkeBock View Post
    Ok I give up. How the heck do I post a picture from my computer. I've been a part of other gear related forums and never bothered to figure it out. Don't understand why its so difficult. I clicked on the 'insert image' icon in the quick reply window. Chose the picture. And it just gives me this "Attachment 121243" Please send help
    I love the striped Koa and the ebony fretboard really sets it off. Beautiful. Congratulations and enjoy!

Lovely Ko'Aloha KTM-00. These are excellent tenors. And I understand the new ones are even better than my Dec. 2017-made one.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you donít begin to know until you begin to try to do.

óLou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    When you take a photo on your phone it might take up megabytes of storage. The owners of UU don't have infinite storage so the software blocks large jpg files, also it takes computer time to send big files, clogging up UU. You need to compress the photos to comply with the size requirements. Its not hard to do, search google for "compress photos" and include the name of your device and you are likely to find instructions.
    I find it hard to understand this fascination with photos of items being sold in numbers in on-line shops. We used to just order a ukulele, life is much simpler when you do that. Koaloha are going to be making a lot of these ukes (I hope) trying to get a photo of each one and hoping to buy it first may not be the best use of your ukulele time, although there is nothing wrong with it if that is how you want to spend your ukulele time. I like to use my ukulele time playing the instruments not looking at photos of instruments that are already sold to someone else. I predict that in 10 years most of the production batch are going to look exactly the same after the wood has aged. Worrying about a dark or light tone when the wood is freshly finished may be a waste of time.
    Cool, thanks for the info! I assumed it had to be hosted on a website and I had to include a url or something. Thanks again.

As for a picking a specific uke from a particular retailer, I guess its all preference, but for a high end/ high priced instrument like Koaloha, I love the option of choosing my exact uke. Especially since wood grain varies so much(Koa is all over the place, super light/ super dark). I really don't like the look of light Koa, so for me, the ability to choose my uke is awesome. Its not like buying a 'black Fender Telecaster'(you know the color is going to look the same on all of a particular model). As far as wasting my 'uke time', I work a desk job so I have plenty of time to look at pictures on theukulelesite.com haha. Its not like I go home after work, and obsess over pictures rather than playing my ukulele. Actually, my actual 'uke time' is really limited to after my little ones go to bed. So my tiny window of time after work to do anything at all for myself is mostly dedicated to playing the uke haha. In that aspect I spend my uke time very wisely(according to me, not my wife). Anyway, to each his own!
    Ukes:

does the new Koaloha have shorter fretboard length since there is one fewer fret to the body?
    Last edited by valde002; 10-15-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Thread Information