The NEW KoAlohas

I am digging this thread up since I am a bit confused about the timeline when these "new" KoAlohas have been rolled out. I have seen discussions about it in 2017 but seems they are only available from 2019-2020?
I was originally referring to the current model that came out in 2019. I eventually sold my 2018 model and bought a 25 anniversary edition and I don't regret it. I prefer the newer build that's more comfortable to hold and has better mids that balance the sound. I always thought the previous version sounded wolfy...but to each their own! I'm happy with what I now have.

I was originally referring to the current model that came out in 2019. I eventually sold my 2018 model and bought a 25 anniversary edition and I don't regret it. I prefer the newer build that's more comfortable to hold and has better mids that balance the sound. I always thought the previous version sounded wolfy...but to each their own! I'm happy with what I now have.
This was my impression of the difference in sound between the new 2019s and the older models. The Ukulele Site did a podcast that featured them playing the old and new models, and there was a definite difference that you could hear. I'm quite happy with my newer KTM as well.

They look and sound great, but the crooked, eared tuners just bug me. UPTs please (y)
I don't mind the angled tuners specifically but rather the the geared tuners in general. It completely baffles me why KoAloha has decided to use these tuners when Der Jung - the manufacturer of these new tuners - already makes their own rear-facing planetary tuners. Madness.

Does anyone know why Koalohas are not being played by the pros? All I see are kamakas and kanileas.
Prior to his custom Koaloha Black label, Neal Chin played & recorded a few albums on a….
Koaloha. HMS interview shortly after he received his custom.

Top Bottom