Sons New Camera

Timbuck

Reaction score
My Son Mike bought a camera a Canon EOS 650 D ..and he has been messing aound with it all day (like you do) He came into the workshop and started taking pictures of everything thing before I had a chance to tidy up first :( I ended up throwing him out in the end.

IMG_9813 by Ken Timms, on Flickr

Last edited:
It makes me feel so much better seeing that your shop is as messy as mine. Gives me great hope, LOL
Love the Marshall

It's quite refreshing to see real pictures with decent focus and definition, instead of the poxy smartphone pics that many have settled for these days.

Nice photo. My workshop looks like that after I've tidied up.
Are you still enjoying the Bosch drill press?
Miguel

Now you know what to buy your Son for his birthday, camera kit.

An EF-S 18-155 lens would no very nicely.

I had on on a couple of Eos Cameras that I had, sold the lot and bought a Lumix, camera bag is now 1/3rd the weight of what the Canon kit was.

What do you mean messy? Everything is where it should be.

Now you know what to buy your Son for his birthday, camera kit.

An EF-S 18-155 lens would no very nicely.

I had on on a couple of Eos Cameras that I had, sold the lot and bought a Lumix, camera bag is now 1/3rd the weight of what the Canon kit was.
He say's thats the lens that came with it..Plus 2 other types.

Don't all keen cyclists have a track pump?

John Colter.

That's the same track pump I have. Excellent for bikes and inflatable sanding drums. Good idea to keep it on the bench. I always have to search for mine. Would be great to have a bench big enough to hold all my tools in sorted piles!

Did well with that buy, the 18-155 costs well more than the 650D body.

I wonder if we have fallen victim to the dreaded 'typo' once more.

The standard kit lens for Canon is usually the 18-55.
One of their more affordable 'super zooms' is the 18-135.

Last edited:
In years to come, these photos will be a major part of the Ken Timms archive material, and they will be pored over by historians, biographers and students of instrument making.

Seriously though, Ken, it is interesting and heartwarming that your son is following in your father's footsteps with his interest in photography. He's making a good fist of it, too!

John C.

Yes' John he's going at it like a man possessed..Nobody in the house escapes...I dursent have shower :eek: I think I'll borrow it when he's not looking and try to take some improved ukulele building pics with it.
IMG_9959 by Ken Timms, on Flickr

Last edited:
Top Bottom