View Poll Results: What’s your age?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Below 10 (there shouldn’t be any replying, but you never know)

0 0%
  • 10 to 19 years old

3 1.58%
  • 20 to 29 years old

2 1.05%
  • 30 to 39 years old

24 12.63%
  • 40 to 49 years old

26 13.68%
  • 50 to 59 years old

32 16.84%
  • 60 to 69 years old

73 38.42%
  • 70 to 79 years old

26 13.68%
  • 80 to 89 years old

3 1.58%
  • 90 and beyond!

1 0.53%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What’s the average age here at UU Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Come on, people, we need more entries in those other age groups to even out that bar graph.
    Yep, that’s right. I’m giving up uke if according to this chart right now, most ukers don’t live past 80! Uke could be the cause of it. We need to see more 80 and above folk well and alive and ukeing of course. Bleh.
    Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Yamaha GL1
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

I'll see if I can have our 100 years old uke club member take the survey. Probably not, he's not big on using the Internet. But you never know.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by AustinHing View Post
    Yep, that’s right. I’m giving up uke if according to this chart right now, most ukers don’t live past 80! Uke could be the cause of it. We need to see more 80 and above folk well and alive and ukeing of course. Bleh.
    LOL. I am only 81, however I plan to make 105. I think music keeps one alive more than the reverse.

I'm another of the 80+ group. Like Johnny, I'm 81 and still going strong. Well - not as strong as hitherto, but doin' OK. These days, it takes longer for me to memorise a new song, to the point where I can perform it without a cheat sheet. If I neglect it, the song will very soon fade away. Heigh-Ho.

John Colter.

It seems that Lennon-McCartney picked the right age when they wrote "When I'm 64".
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Eastman EU3C, Concert
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Martin T1K, Tenor

If it wasn't for the pink 30 to 39 bar in the chart, I'd think that the 60 to 69 group was giving us the finger! Oh, wait! I'm part of that group...
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

There are many old men everywhere in open mic, music events and concerts. I try not to be a dirty old man.

1. good instruments
    2. good case
    3. avoid old music sheets (Otherwise people sometimes think me play same songs over 20 years)
    4. old songs are ok but pretend to be new challenge
    5. sing in stand posture

I prefer to avoid stage 3. altogether, but my memory is not as reliable as it used to be.

John Colter.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinHing View Post
    A lot of the over 80's don't even have computers, let alone know how to use forums, so don't count on seeing them here.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysmash View Post
    LOL. I am only 81, however I plan to make 105. I think music keeps one alive more than the reverse.
    Well, you have a long way to go, in that case. Imagine the amount of UAS to live with!

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    A lot of the over 80's don't even have computers, let alone know how to use forums, so don't count on seeing them here.
    That’s true. My 80+ years old Father in law simply cannot use or understand internet. He does own several laptops though.
    Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Yamaha GL1
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

Thread Information