What’s the average age here at UU Poll

What’s your age?

• Below 10 (there shouldn’t be any replying, but you never know)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 to 19 years old

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 20 to 29 years old

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 30 to 39 years old

Votes: 24 12.4%
  • 40 to 49 years old

Votes: 26 13.4%
  • 50 to 59 years old

Votes: 32 16.5%
  • 60 to 69 years old

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • 70 to 79 years old

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • 80 to 89 years old

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 90 and beyond!

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
I'm also into that most popular aged category in here. I'm not part in any social media, even if ukuleleunderground might have such one. No need tell whom I like or have added etc. stupid "social stuff", in my opinion lol. Just read sometimes what you fellows post here and sometimes participate myself too.

Geez , I just made it into the 60 to 69 section , and I'm wondering if everyone there is a former guitar player like me.

Yes, I still take down my nylon string guitar sometimes & play it, but not very often. Long ago I sold my Stratocaster & my Lap Steel. Mostly just play my 2 bari's (not at the same time!) By the way, I'm also in the most prominent age group here.

I really only come here because I'm listed as a "Junior Member"!!
I miss being pulled up by the police & being asked if I'm old enough to drive!

Last edited:
If you were 16 in 1967, Summer of Love, you would be 68 years old this year. Buying Beatles and most other famous albums on the day that they were released. Mini skirts. Ford Mustangs. 1950s and early 1960s muscle cars. Hippy communes. Plus everything since. Ukulele owning is just another experience that happens in a lifetime of amazing events and experiences.

I was 16 in 1967. Those mini skirts were dangerous. In 1969 while I was negotiating peak hour traffic in Melbourne, a young mother in a black mini skirt, with matching underwear, who was pushing her baby along the footpath, showed no regard for traffic safety when she bent over the baby's pram at the same time as the traffic lights up ahead turned red. The towbar of the station wagon in front of me went thru' my radiator! The insurance report made for interesting reading.

Forget The Beatles, Tiny Tim showed us all where we were heading, as he led us all in glorious procession tip-toeing thru' the tulips with his ukulele ... we just weren't listening. Look at us now!

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 12.13.45 AM.jpg

Our largest demo is surprisingly in the 25-34yr range. But the best customers are atleast 50. They're more free.

Our shape is as bad as Tokushima prefecture in Japan. Jarmo's Finland is good shape.

Wow, 180 voters to date! Thanks all for participating and it’s an interesting poll result.

I’m assuming 10 years later, the 60 years olds will be shifting to the 70s range and make it the highest number of uke players.

Top Bottom