Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: NUD Anuenue 2012 Flame Maple Soprano

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,562

    Default NUD Anuenue 2012 Flame Maple Soprano

    I saw this on the local Facebook Marketplace and purchased it for my wife after trying it out. It has a sweet sound and good playability but I can’t find out anything about it. I can see that it has Grover tuners, a bone nut and saddle and nice binding and rosette. The intonation is good and it has very good sustain. It must have at least a solid wood top considering the sound it makes.
    The only online reference I’ve been able to find is a video demo from 2012 of someone playing it.

    Has anyone ever seen one of these before and knows what it’s specs are?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hollisdwyer; 08-27-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    "All worthwhile things in life should be easy to learn but hard to master"

    Hoffmann Lutherie - Baritone - Master Grade Ebony and AAA Red Spruce
    Beau Hannam Custom Tenor - Vintage Hand Rubbed Sun Burst all Tassie Blackwood
    Barron River Tenor - Satin Box Maple and Alaskan Yellow Cedar
    Hoffmann Lutherie - Concert - Angry Owl Ebony and Cedar

  2. #2

    Default

    Don't k ow anything about it but it looks great! Very cool find.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muybien04 View Post
    Don't k ow anything about it but it looks great! Very cool find.
    Thanks, yes I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is a full solid body construction. The fretboard and bridge looks like Indian Rosewood and the neck looks like a nice piece of Mahogany.
    Unfortunately the label only has the hand written words Flame Maple ( which btw has some very nice chatoyance).
    Even the soft case is a very good quality. Not bad for about US$200.
    "All worthwhile things in life should be easy to learn but hard to master"

    Hoffmann Lutherie - Baritone - Master Grade Ebony and AAA Red Spruce
    Beau Hannam Custom Tenor - Vintage Hand Rubbed Sun Burst all Tassie Blackwood
    Barron River Tenor - Satin Box Maple and Alaskan Yellow Cedar
    Hoffmann Lutherie - Concert - Angry Owl Ebony and Cedar

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Someone who might know is Kent Knorr at the NC Ukulele Academy (alohau.com).

    He was an Anuenue dealer around that time.
    Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

    Raleigh Uke Jam:

    My YouTube page

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,125

    Default

    I think that's a pretty good deal. Congrats!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

    Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Well done & congrats!
    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollisdwyer View Post
    I saw this on the local Facebook Marketplace and purchased it for my wife after trying it out. It has a sweet sound and good playability but I can’t find out anything about it. I can see that it has Grover tuners, a bone nut and saddle and nice binding and rosette. The intonation is good and it has very good sustain. It must have at least a solid wood top considering the sound it makes.
    The only online reference I’ve been able to find is a video demo from 2012 of someone playing it.

    Has anyone ever seen one of these before and knows what it’s specs are?
    And here is a good image of the label. I wonder what the thing is after the words “Flame Maple”?
    IMG_2250 (1).jpg
    "All worthwhile things in life should be easy to learn but hard to master"

    Hoffmann Lutherie - Baritone - Master Grade Ebony and AAA Red Spruce
    Beau Hannam Custom Tenor - Vintage Hand Rubbed Sun Burst all Tassie Blackwood
    Barron River Tenor - Satin Box Maple and Alaskan Yellow Cedar
    Hoffmann Lutherie - Concert - Angry Owl Ebony and Cedar

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hendulele View Post
    Someone who might know is Kent Knorr at the NC Ukulele Academy (alohau.com).

    He was an Anuenue dealer around that time.
    Thanks for that but as there is no 'person to person contact details on their website, I was reluctant to ask for Kents' details. Would you have his contact details that you can share?
    "All worthwhile things in life should be easy to learn but hard to master"

    Hoffmann Lutherie - Baritone - Master Grade Ebony and AAA Red Spruce
    Beau Hannam Custom Tenor - Vintage Hand Rubbed Sun Burst all Tassie Blackwood
    Barron River Tenor - Satin Box Maple and Alaskan Yellow Cedar
    Hoffmann Lutherie - Concert - Angry Owl Ebony and Cedar

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    545

    Default

    You can also contact Anuenue directly by email, they are extremely friendly & helpful folks & I'm sure if you send them the photos they will have the answers you are after

    Here's a couple of videos from 2012 which where posted by UkuleleMania, they may also be able to help you with information



    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prb035 View Post
    You can also contact Anuenue directly by email, they are extremely friendly & helpful folks & I'm sure if you send them the photos they will have the answers you are after

    Here's a couple of videos from 2012 which where posted by UkuleleMania, they may also be able to help you with information




    That’s a good idea. I’ve already seen those videos but they only show someone playing the Uke, not talking about it.

    If no one else can provide some information, I’ll contact Anuenue directly.
    "All worthwhile things in life should be easy to learn but hard to master"

    Hoffmann Lutherie - Baritone - Master Grade Ebony and AAA Red Spruce
    Beau Hannam Custom Tenor - Vintage Hand Rubbed Sun Burst all Tassie Blackwood
    Barron River Tenor - Satin Box Maple and Alaskan Yellow Cedar
    Hoffmann Lutherie - Concert - Angry Owl Ebony and Cedar

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •