Need help with old tuners on an banjolele

nobo13

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone on here would be able to tell me how to tighten the tuners on this banjolele, or how to remove them.

https://ibb.co/album/nzgpdv

If you can't tell from the photos, there doesn't seem to be any screws or obvious openings other than a single hole on the tuners. I've read somewhere that pushing into this hole while pulling the tuner does something but I've not been able to do/notice anything.

I've never seen this type before but it looks like a hex head bolt in the center. Considering that the points are in different positions on the tuners. I'd try a gentle turn with a wrench. Although honestly you might want to wait until someone with first hand experience with these chimes in.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry I'm late replying. I'm thinking the same, and there's major evidence of pliers being used on the tuners as well, so I might have to give it a try due to the lack of replies here!

Thanks for the reply, and sorry I'm late replying. I'm thinking the same, and there's major evidence of pliers being used on the tuners as well, so I might have to give it a try due to the lack of replies here!

I have quite a lot of banjo Uke experience, but I have never seen this type before, however as the tops are made for a wrench/spanner whatever you wish to call it that would seem the obvious thing to try.

Top Bottom