21 days in the custody of UPS

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I did all of the right things and hey presto, a really expensive ukulele spends 21 days in the custody of UPS. Taking bets that it is still in the condition it left the office,. Anyone offer odds?

For all international orders I always use Express Post International and have never had a problem.

Delivery is usually 3-5 business days depending on location. Customs into the EU is the only time that it takes a few more days for them to work out how much VAT they are going to hit the client with.

It could be worse. This Spring USPS kept my new Tiny Tenor 6 for 5 weeks and, when they finally delivered it, the box was crushed and torn open. No letter of explanation or forms—just dumped it at my building. Of course the instrument was a goner and what a hassle.

Having answered the UPS on line questionair form, describing what it was and what it was made from..I still get phone calls from UPS to confirm what it is, and what it is made from...Last month they delivered a uke to a place in Germany and no one was in to recieve it, so it was dropped off at the UPS local depot instead and stayed there for two weeks..No card left to inform of failed delivery...I had to track it down on the internet to inform the customer where it was...No more UPS for me.

Last edited:
I sent a ukulele for repair from USA to Italy via USPS. It's sat since July 31st in Italian customs and still there and counting. :-(

i used DHL from Sydney to Scotland- took two days

Top Bottom