Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Season 394 - The Electric Version

Default For Liza

A quick ditty on my Harley-Benton SB electric baritone, played through my Marshall MS-4 amplifier.

It's been nearly 9 months since I had this computer up & running. It's good to be back by the CD Tower of Babel. :-)
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Quote Originally Posted by uke4ia View Post
    rob, i theoretically love you like a brother i've never met, and this is one of my favorite beatles songs. But there was a 3-song limit, and this is number six. You can stop now. :d
    Hehehe!!!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Quote Originally Posted by uke4ia View Post
    Rob, I theoretically love you like a brother I've never met, and this is one of my favorite Beatles songs. But there was a 3-song limit, and this is number six. You can stop now.
    That's what you get when you don't read the fine print... but this post processing stuff is what I do so I got carried away... Sorry.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

My second is some Pet Shop boys. I've used a clean sound for this one with chorus and delay. I've added chorus and reverb to the vocals. I think this sound works well as an alternative to Tennant and Lowe's synth tones.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

OMD wrote a perfect song for this Season---I wish I could've put it together sooner (and with more effects)

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

A friend of mine, who is a music producer, liked my contribution this week, but felt I was being too literal and lost the opening poetry too early on.
    So I took his advice and revised the lyrics. This is how Sleepless Too (2) goes now:

Sleepless Too

My eyes are closed the room is in darkness
    Outside the clouds have kept the sky starless.
    Behind my lids there are flashes going off.
    Blinding white or cobalt blue:
    Are they just gravitons passing through?

I long to sleep, but sleep won't take me.
    The slightest sound seems to wake me.
    I'm bathed in sweat and the morning's coming on.

Storms in my thoughts echoed in thunder
    My peace of mind rent asunder
    Here and now becoming there and then.
    What use now: "I should have said..."?
    Remorse and regret tower above my bed.

SOLO & CHORUS

My body's tense - I feel I'm sinking
    Swamped by the stress of too much thinking.
    Tossing and turning until well past four.
    Can't seem to get a moment's peace
    How I wish this torture would just cease.

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

I have been busier than a one-armed paper-hanger with a case of the hives. I have so much work to do, but I had to do this song because I had a gig over the weekend where the sponsor gave all the musicians ball caps to wear and it was required to wear them. The sponsor is a kind of hideous big bank, so I wore this tie with this jacket in anticipation of what the caps would look like. When they passed out these black caps with only a small embossed logo on the clasp at the back, I thought I looked a bit like Angus Young in this rig. So here is some acoustic soprano AC/DC.

Supposedly this electrified one half of the audience, and electrocuted the other.

Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

My second and final contribution for this week. I was going to do a cover of Kanye's song called "Gay Fish" but couldn't find the correct chords.

I recently got a used computer from a friend that works in IT at a local college. It is an upgrade to 64 bit and also has a solid state drive(the save times are fantastic.) The unexpected bonus of switching to 64 bit was that a plug-in I previously used for vocal mixing now has pitch correction! Not bad for a VST that cost me twenty bucks a few years back(Izotope Nectar Elements for those that are interested.) Still, the vocals had plenty of artifacts so I put them further back in the mix(small price to pay to make them tolerable!)

This one is by my second favorite band of all time. It was their first song on their first album. Been hooked ever since!

Season 394 is now ended. Please check to make sure I didn't inadvertently leave any of your videos off the playlist.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Thread Information