Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play Music on the Porch Day

Default Play Music on the Porch Day

Itís international. Itís on Facebook. Itís today.

Who else is in?
    Why me?
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger."
    - Evan Eisenberg, Atlantic Monthly, July/August 2006, p. 151.

14:29044

Everyone must already be out on their porches!

Does playing in my driveway count? I tried to rustle up some yard sale customers this morning, and played my uke while waiting for anyone to show up. Normally Saturday mornings are prime time for selling used items in the driveway, but I got skunked today. Probably because it's a holiday weekend. Oh well, a few hours sitting in the shade playing my ukulele is a morning well spent.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018
    Blackbird Clara - 2019
    Kanilea KCS-SSP super soprano - circa 2016

I'm in! have a great day everyone!
    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

Back porch by the pond, Thanks for a reason to strumBack deck & geese .jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PetalumaRescuke View Post
    Back porch by the pond, Thanks for a reason to strumBack deck & geese .jpg
    Perfect!! I see you have your share of Canada geese there too!!

Too hot today, my porch (balcony actually) faces the sun with no shade. Instead I'm going to the park and meet with 8-10 acoustic players under a big shade tree from noon until 2pm.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

A day late and a dollar short. Commenting that is, I did play my ukulele on the porch yesterday. I enjoy playing on my front porch. Playing my ukulele and singing songs on my porch is actually what I credit for getting me started busking and playing for an audience. When I first started playing out there I would quit playing while someone walked past. Then after a while I kept playing while they walked past. Then after a while when I would see people coming I would play songs that I thought that the people walking past might like. I play a lot of You Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dog. Lots of people come by walking their dogs. I play kids songs when they come by walking their kids. Finally I started trying to get people to stop and listen for a while. I put out lawn chairs by the sidewalk. So that's one of the ways I got past the "scared to play in front of people" phase of my musical journey. The natural progression for me was to then go out and find places with more pedestrian traffic to play for people passing by. Also I realized that I had to get off the porch if I wanted to make any money because I thought that it might be a little crass of me to put the tip jar down by the sidewalk. I did not know there was a porch playing day but next year I will try to do something special in recognition. Maybe I will put the jar out there just that one day and put a sign out saying that people can show their support for playing on the porch day by putting a buck or two in it. Marketing is everything.
    Last edited by Rllink; 09-01-2019 at 10:04 AM.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

A day late, but my buddy and I played our Ukuleles on his back porch today.
    And 55 years ago, Burl Ives sang, “On the front porch with you” in the movie Summer Magic

No way, it was way too hot here. It's as dumb as a Pride parade on June 30th. People have died.
    Now, make it December through April...I'm there!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information