Thread: Greetings from Virginia!

Default Greetings from Virginia!

Hello everyone. Iím recently retired and decided I wanted to learn a new skill, keep my brain challenged and have some fun by learning to play the ukulele. This is all very new to me - I have no musical experience. I found UU a few months ago and it has become my go-to place to find answers to my many questions.

I finally got my ukulele last week and started learning with Uncle Rodís Ukulele Boot Camp and Ukulele From Scratch. Iím here typing with sore fingers but having great fun so far! Thanks to the UU community for all you do to support beginners like me!

Welcome to UU! Lots of nice folks around to offer advice to beginners. My wife retired several years ago and began playing an "extra" ukulele I have sitting around the house. Now she and our granddaughter play music together every week. Best of luck on your journey.

Bill

Hi southerngirl, I'm about the same as you with a little piano background and a couple more months of practice (and sore fingers). Congratulations on your first ukulele. Be careful of UAS - I've already caught it ("Q: how may ukuleles are the correct number to own? A: "one more")

Welcome from West Virginia. Enjoy your ukulele!
    - Laura

Welcome to the forum. I too am in Virginia and a beginner. I think we’ve found the right folks to learn from.

Welcome to UU
    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

Welcome southerngirl!

Thread Information