Thread: Storing Uke Supplies

Default Storing Uke Supplies

Over the years, I've accumulated strings, tuners, straps, strap buttons, humidifiers, cleaning cloths, and various uke-building parts. Storage has become a challenge. Whenever I get an order from StewMac, I save the boxes because they're perfect for storage, but I'm going to need larger boxes.

What kind of a system do you use for storing uke-related items?
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Vintage suitcases.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Laura

Quote Originally Posted by actadh View Post
    Vintage suitcases.
    Now that's a good idea. I have a suitcase or two I'm not using, and I could put dividers inside it.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I have a backpack full of strings and a backpack full of other stuff.
    Kathryn

Plastic drawer units from Walmart, Target, etc. They are cheap, hold a lot of misc. stuff, and have castors for easy moving.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

I no longer have it, but for many years I owned a metal storage box from some office supply place. It was sturdy,lockable,and big enough to hold around fifty twelve inch vinyl albums (Not that I ever did, but that was one of the claims on the leaflet when I got it!) All my spare strings, tuners, string winders, capos, straps, leads etc fitted into it perfectly,along with my 'rough songbook' which was a slim ringbinder with a couple of dozen hand scrawled sheets inside. Good thing to have around. I gave it to a friend along with one or two of my guitars,when I abandoned the big six stringers, for the more fun tiny four stringers!
    All power and respect to you Concert,Tenor and Baritone players, but Soprano is what does it for me every time! (And my beautiful Sopranino!)

If you cut the top and about 3" of height off a macaroni box, let's say Barilla brand, but I think they're all about the same, it will be a perfect file holder for string packets. I have a couple of other boxes I've modified for my other supplies, and they all fit neatly in a drawer that also has lightbulbs, batteries, etc.

458C27D9-9B89-4270-8013-0624A21B0F55.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Over the years, I've accumulated strings, tuners, straps, strap buttons, humidifiers, cleaning cloths, and various uke-building parts. Storage has become a challenge. Whenever I get an order from StewMac, I save the boxes because they're perfect for storage, but I'm going to need larger boxes.

What kind of a system do you use for storing uke-related items?
    I have no supplies that aren't stored with the ukes, cleaning cloth, tuner, spare strings, except for a tube of polish and can of air.

I have three or four passions at the moment and they each have generated lots of stuff. It is a problem in that that stuff gets all mixed together often.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Thread Information