Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Making an Offer

Quote Originally Posted by efiscella View Post
    Yea- as I said, for some that may be true. I have been very fortunate. I wasn't sure when I wrote my post if we were not actually talking about the same thing "Deal" and "Fair". Sometimes, if I look on Reverb or even ebay, I find the prices are higher than they should be, and on the UU Marketplace I often feel it is a fair price- and in that sense I believe I got a deal.
    I never know if I'm talking about the same thing. I babble a lot, especially in the mornings. I think for people who are part of the UU community it is one thing, but there are people who come here for no reason other than to sell and others just to buy, knowing that UAS is going to factor into it in one way or another. I remember a couple of times where sellers have gotten called out on it in marketplace. I will admit that I vicariously lurk there. I go to marketplace regularly to see what is for sale, and I often then go back to see how long ago that seller posted a NUD for that same ukulele and then I wonder why they are getting rid if it. I know, I need to get a life. I see a sellers occasionally that I don't recognize the name and I check to see what they have been up to. It isn't unusual to see a seller that has never posted outside of marketplace or have been buying and then selling the same ukes. Of course there are people who honestly use marketplace to sample a variety of different ukes and then turn around and sell them again, but I can't help think that some are trying to make a profit there. But that's fine. I don't care, I'm just bored I guess.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    The UU Marketplace does not collect a commission, so the prices should not include whatever % Reverb and eBay etc. charge to help you sell the item. Regular eBay shops are about making a profit, as are the individual traders who use eBay to buy and sell, they will be rolling the costs into the selling price.
    I saw 30% for eBy quoted in another post, so does that mean we should expect 30% lower prices on UU marketplace compared to eBay? Or will sellers just set the same price as they would on eBay and pocket the 30%.
    Is it fair to expect a UU Marketplace seller to offer a lower price on UU Marketplace because there is no commission?
    Since we are talking about offers, how many UU marketplace ukulele traders would feel offended by low offers which are based on removing the eBay or Reverb selling costs?
    I just posted some items on reverb and ebay. I put them at a slightly higher price than I would sell them for on UU marketplace. The cost to sell on Reverb I believe is about 6.5%. One of the items is expensive. If I were selling the item in the Marketplace, I would sell it for that much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    The UU Marketplace does not collect a commission, so the prices should not include whatever % Reverb and eBay etc. charge to help you sell the item. Regular eBay shops are about making a profit, as are the individual traders who use eBay to buy and sell, they will be rolling the costs into the selling price.
    I saw 30% for eBy quoted in another post, so does that mean we should expect 30% lower prices on UU marketplace compared to eBay? Or will sellers just set the same price as they would on eBay and pocket the 30%.
    Is it fair to expect a UU Marketplace seller to offer a lower price on UU Marketplace because there is no commission?
    Since we are talking about offers, how many UU marketplace ukulele traders would feel offended by low offers which are based on removing the eBay or Reverb selling costs?
    The price I ask doesn't depend on where I post it. I see what others are charging/have charged, and I base my price on that. The cost for online selling is around 3%. eBay is higher than Reverb, but I don't know the exact percentages off hand. Then you have the expense of PayPal. Yes, it costs money to use their service - like any other service - but it's the difference between getting paid immediately and waiting for a check to arrive in the mail and hoping it clears.

Some people like to pretend they're "Friends and Family" and avoid the PP fee. If enough people do that, PayPal will eliminate that feature. Another thing sellers do is ask the buyer to pay the fees. That would be like asking the buyer to pay for the cost of a newspaper ad.

EDIT: I just checked, and PayPal charges 2.9%.
    Last edited by Jerryc41; 09-03-2019 at 11:51 PM.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information