Castles in the Air (Don McLean)

Crumbs John! I haven't heard this one for donkey's years! And it's nice to see some of your recent trip to Germany in the video.
I love the way you continue to find songs to do that are not often covered. You have certainly brought back some memories for ME over the last couple of years I've been on here. Well done matey, and thank you.

Thanks, Dave! I prefer songs that haven't been covered much. Less competition! :)

Thanks, Brenda! Ahh, nice to know we cruised on the same river (we used KD Cruises). I almost gave up on this song because I couldn't do the finger-picking well and had a hard time finding a strum that was suitable, but somehow I got into a rhythm and went with that. :)

What a wonderful video! I was disappointed as first when I didn't see the beer can, but then the pictures of all the beautiful castles and sceneries more than made up for it.
By the way, I like your strum.

Thanks, Joseph! I really appreciate it! This song was kind of challenging for me, but I'm glad I didn't give up! Glad you like the accompanying video! :)

Thanks, Clive! I really appreciate it! :)

What an artistic production. In your video, I saw those hillside vineyards along the Rhine that make some of the world's greatest rieslings; hope you had a chance to try some. Thanks for sharing your vacation and music.

Thanks, luv2uke! I had a chance to drink German wine. I couldn't say what kind, but I liked it better than the beer. :)

Excellent John..........Don Mclean wrote some of the best songs ever in my opinion and his cover of "crying" was not only very brave but also mega. I had almost forgotten about this one. Lovely playing as usual your vocal gets top marks.....Brilliant!
Mike

Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate it, and I agree about Don McLean's songwriter. He crafted some very fine songs!

Top Bottom