Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Experience with The Ukulele Site

To me, the mark of a quality retailer is how problems are resolved. I've purchased several instruments from HMS, all except one were problem free. The transaction that was problematic was resolved to my complete satisfaction. I've always found the staff to be helpful, knowledgeable and courteous.
    DEPENDENTS:

In order of age:

Martin C-1K Concert, C Re-entrant Tuning 4/2014
    Pono MTD-CR Tenor C Linear Tuning 6/21/2016
    Ko'olau Model 100 Tenor C Linear Tuning 7/27/2018
    Kamaka HF-2 Koa Concert C Linear 6/26/2019

Hawaii Music Supply did the WORST thing for my starting to learn 'ukulele.
    They let me buy a stunningly beautiful looking & sounding Romero Tiny Tenor... a TT6. Koa. And they made it easy to do so, dammit.
    BUT I'm found it in my heart to give them another chance by recently buying an actual 4 string ukulele...
    keeping an eye out for a very special concert....

Quote Originally Posted by Wukulele View Post
    Hawaii Music Supply did the WORST thing for my starting to learn 'ukulele.
    They let me buy a stunningly beautiful looking & sounding Romero Tiny Tenor... a TT6. Koa. And they made it easy to do so, dammit.
    BUT I'm found it in my heart to give them another chance by recently buying an actual 4 string ukulele...
    They do make it easy. You can even finance them. What evil fiends.

I am such a fan of HMS. I purchased two ukuleles (and returned one, plus cancelled an order on another). The ukuleles I did purchase through HMS are a Koaloha KTM and a Pono MTD-CR.

I have primarily been helped by Veronica. She's wonderful and has helped ease my anxiety each time. She's called me back, emailed me and held my hand through each purchase. I would definitely order through them again and if I ever visit Hawaii they are my among my first stops. I listen to every podcast and Vimeo recording they post. I hope that Andrew keeps providing the service of the recordings. I give them a great big thumbs up and thanks for their service to the ukulele community.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)

I recently purchased a ko’olau from them. They are the best. Victoria in shipping was terrific to work with. I would highly recommend these guys. And their videos are great as well.

I am a huge fan of HMS. I have purchased 6 ukes from them. Most recently my family got together to purchase a Moon Bird Concert for my niece (she loved mine).... I mentioned in my order emails that my niece is a bit geeky like her aunt, and gets flack from other kids for playing the uke. I also shared that she is a huge fan on one of the artists at the store and also of Joel's setup videos. I asked if they would autograph the manufacturer card that hangs on the headstock. They went beyond that and included a really sweet autographed card and a CD of her favorite artists music. That is the kind of great service to the uke community that keeps me going back to them.
    UAS!!!
    • Kamaka HB-2D Ohta San, 5.0
    • Anuenue UC200E Concert Moon Bird-My Favorite!
    • Kanile'a Custom Baritone, gCEA
    • Kala KA-SRT/MA, Michael Aratani Model, 5.0, gCEA
    • Pono RC-(S)-PC, 5.0, gCEA
    • Koaloha KTM-00 Tenor, gCEA
    • Anuenue UT200E Tenor Moon Bird
    • Firefly Concert Banjolele
    • Kanile'a KPA-C-PREM Concert
    • Anuenue UT140 Tenor Light Bird, AirAir Pickup, gCEA
    • Anuenue US200 Soprano Moon Bird

Thread Information