Strings for Blackbird Clara ?

For what it’s worth, I don’t really want any of my instruments to be bright. I do not consider my Clara with finish and stock strings bright. I didn’t see if you had ever tried the stock string setup.

Last edited:
I just spent the morning playing the Clara with the worth brown.
Either my ears are accustomed to the sound or the strings finally settled. It’s not too bad anymore !
I may even use it on my next video. Stay tune!

I just spent the morning playing the Clara with the worth brown.
Either my ears are accustomed to the sound or the strings finally settled. It’s not too bad anymore !
I may even use it on my next video. Stay tune!

do you notice a huge difference with the tension between tenor and concert size?

Last edited:
That does sound warmer. Sounds great! That’s my next set. Thanks for video. Nice playing too.

Sounds great!

I don't subscribe to the string sound settling in idea (other than stretch), I'm pretty convinced it's all in the mind. You imagine something as being too bright and your brain amplifies the idea so that when you try it again it's not as much as you thought. There's a bit of a pond-ripple effect for the first while. Strings can get you part way there, but your brain has to settle in with liking the sound. I'll admit, I've gotten rid of a uke before giving my brain a chance to adjust to it, but it's good to give yourself time to appreciate an instrument's tone if you're otherwise attached to it.

Top Bottom