Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I making a reasonable request?

Quote Originally Posted by luv2uke View Post
    You might consider calling them on the phone and telling them exactly what you are looking for and ask them to pick it out for you and photo it. Probably will get a faster response than an e-mail. That's what happened when I ordered from HMS.
    Haha, HMS is very responsive in person and on the phone but, yeah, email ain't their thing. Don't think there's enough hours in the day with practicing, teaching, ordering gear, paperwork, selling and videos. And I can't blame them, I rarely answer my email as well. You gotta do the most important things first and email is near the bottom of the list. I think Cory actually answered my email a month after I sent it so the old skool voice phone is the way to go.

If you tell us the uke and the seller, we could give a better answer. Both have an effect on how things work. As you suggested, having ukes in boxes piled in a store room can make it a challenge to get the box, unpack the uke, take a picture, and then put it back. There's also the issue of unpacking and repacking - depending one the uke. Will the buyer want a uke that has obviously been unpacked and repacked?
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Okay, going against the grain here, but it seems pretty obvious to me that if this is the type of service you require, you need to either buy an instrument from Mim or choose a model that already has individual photos on the website in question.
    Kathryn

I think I know the dealer in question here based on what you're looking for. I think, just my personal opinion, that this dealer is getting to the point of thinking they are doing their customers a service by selling their instruments to them.

You are absolutely not asking too much to see more pictures of the instrument. Also, price point shouldn't be an issue here either because if they decide to sell this brand at this price point, they should be willing to answer the questions and requests from potential customers. To see how the business/customer relationship should really work, contact MIM's Ukes.

Jim
    Last edited by Ragtop232; 09-08-2019 at 03:39 AM.
    Current Ukuleles:
    2007 Martin Style 3K Soprano
    2009 Bean Sprout Banjolele
    2011 Martin Style 2K Soprano
    2017 Martin Style 3K Custom Tenor
    2018 Martin Style 3K Custom Concert
    2019 Martin Style 3K Custom Soprano
    2018 Martin Style 3 Centennial #2230085
    2018 Martin 1T IZ Tenor (#576)
    2018 Martin S1
    2018 Martin Konter Replica
    2018 Kamaka HP-1 Pineapple

Here's the reply I got to an inquiry on an instrument from a well known dealer, Their Reverb listing had a pic of a nice example of this model, but I wanted to make sure that was the exact one. It wasn't, but they sent pics of the one they had, which was not as nice looking. IMO, if you're the customer, you should be able to see the exact instrument you are buying.

Thanks for your interest! With new instruments, we usually take a photo of the first one we receive, and we no longer have the one pictured in our listing. That being said, the one we do have sounds absolutely wonderful. It's got an impressive amount of volume!
    I'm attaching some photos to this message so you can see what it looks like.
    I hope this helps! Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.
    John

My two cents......It's not unreasonable to want a nice looking uke, regardless of the price range. $400-$500 is nothing to sneeze at. You said in your OP that they sent you pictures of two of the ukes they have and those two didn't float your boat. How many more of that model do they have? Maybe those are the only two they have?Maybe they know their inventory, and those two were the best of the lot? On the other hand, you stated that you weren't blown away by Mim's pictures either, so maybe it's hard for you to get a visual sense of the ukes from pictures. In any case, it's clear that email communication isn't working for you, so I'd say get on the phone and talk with these guys. If there's a big time difference between them & you, figure it out, and call early in their business day. Be prepared to spend some time talking to them and be very clear in what you're looking for, in sound as well as looks. Maybe they have something else that might fit your needs better? If you step up your game with phone communication and you aren't satisfied with their response, then it's not a good fit, and look elsewhere.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018
    Blackbird Clara - 2019
    Kanilea KCS-SSP super soprano - circa 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    If you tell us the uke and the seller, we could give a better answer. Both have an effect on how things work. As you suggested, having ukes in boxes piled in a store room can make it a challenge to get the box, unpack the uke, take a picture, and then put it back. There's also the issue of unpacking and repacking - depending one the uke. Will the buyer want a uke that has obviously been unpacked and repacked?
    Since the ukes get a setup, not being unpacked would be a red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by AQUATOPAZ View Post
    Since the ukes get a setup, not being unpacked would be a red flag.
    That was my thought, too. They will be unpacked and repacked, because even without a setup, the seller would hopefully be checking to make sure that the ukulele hasn't been damaged before shipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop232 View Post
    I think I know the dealer in question here based on what you're looking for. I think, just my personal opinion, that this dealer is getting to the point of thinking they are doing their customers a service by selling their instruments to them.

You are absolutely not asking too much to see more pictures of the instrument. Also, price point shouldn't be an issue here either because if they decide to sell this brand at this price point, they should be willing to answer the questions and requests from potential customers. To see how the business/customer relationship should really work, contact MIM's Ukes.

Jim
    If it's the one I think it is, I completely agree.
    Last edited by AQUATOPAZ; 09-08-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    That was my thought, too. They will be unpacked and repacked, because even without a setup, the seller would hopefully be checking to make sure that the ukulele hasn't been damaged before shipping it.
    I think most ukes are set up when ordered then shipped out
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor

Thread Information