PROSTATE CANCER and THE UKULELE

LASTCARDLOUIS

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm blind copying this to just about everyone on my mailing list - it's an unashamed chain letter, something we all hate! So please feel free to bin it right now. But otherwise I hope you can help me make a small donation to a very good cause. Most of you are men, and I think you'll identify with it.

I've submitted an entry to a Ukulele Parody competition here in Brisbane and I need you to vote for my entry. The prize - which I have no use for - is an amplifier worth about AU$750 RRP ($529 on Ebay), so if I "happen" to win I'd sell it and donate the proceeds to the Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre.

You will have guessed I've got prostate cancer. Correct, but it's not too severe, hasn't metastasized, and my treatment has started. It'll be over by the end of this year and I expect to continue a very normal life. But having the disease tends to get you focused on life, hence this little exercise.

HERE'S HOW YOU CAN MAKE THIS DONATION HAPPEN!

• Go to the contest site: https://1.shortstack.com/rnW1Fx

• Scroll down until you see my entry. It shows a garbage truck and is labelled Peter R. and TAKE IT ALL AWAY.
• Click on the green strip below it and you've voted!.
• That's it. Victory is assured!

View the entries by all means - just don't expect too much, it's just a bit of fun. But seriously, PLEASE DON'T VOTE FOR THE OTHER ENTRIES!!

You'll be able to see the results soon after September 9 on the same page.

If you'd like to be even more helpful, please forward this to others who might like to help. Yes, I'm gaming the system but others are doing it, the organisers encourage it and it's all for an extremely worthwhile cause.

Thanks for your support.

Peter Ransom
Brisbane
Australia

Just a few words of encouragement; sixteen years ago, I was in the same position as that in which you now find yourself. It was a very stressful, scary time. The treatment was successful, and I'm now eighty-one years old and feeling pretty good. As for continuing a very normal life, that depends upon what you consider normal. It will change you, you will not be the same, but it is much better than the alternative.

I will not be participating in your scheme, but you have my very best wishes,

John Colter.

Many of us men will experience that. It is terrible disease as it will effect our lives. I was honed (not knowing the english word) for my urinary problems last year and it went well. Only what was removed contained some cancer cells. It and the following radiation therapy has made me somewhat of having less potency, but no way yet impotent. At 61.

What causes prostate cancer is both hereditary (my father had it too, in his case not spread either as not with mine) and living styles. What I now afterwards advocate to everyone is a low carb diet and not using as much dairy products that I used to. I still use some fermented milk products moderately and milk in my coffee only. Hard cheese are somewhat better, also in moderate use only.

And don't smoke. And wank as often as you can, it will clean your prostate :)

Green stuff stuff like raw broccoli etc. is good. and no more snacks, no more than 3 meals a day, and at least 12 hour fasting between meals. Drinking only like green tea in that period.

I will not participate either, but also my best wishes.

Best wishes as you continue to heal.
Feel better, every day!
And keep us posted on your recovery.

Top Bottom