Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 395 - Spicks and Specks

I went for a Bee Gees song, since they are probably the band in theme that I know the best.
    It turns out that Bee Gees songs are difficult to play. So I seetled with a pretty basic strumming pattern.

Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Grant me the indulgence of a double post here, since Season 188 was a long time ago and I don't think "Addicted to Pain" has received a lot of air time where you're at.

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

And here's the peppier version. This is the first song I've made using my new gear. Finally got a USB-interface and a new mic. Already loving it so much.
    I don't wanna work...I just wanna bang on my uke all day.

Oh, BTW, not to look ahead, but guess who's hosting for the first time in over 5 years next week?
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Missed the Electric Season as we have been moving and everything has been quite hectic and a mess, so I am playing another new electric uke on this old Bee Gees hit 'More Than a Woman'. Actually I have always preferred the Tavares version and funnily enough saw them play live a few years ago. Same guys just a tad older... The ukulele is the Antica Ukuleleria Elettrico in a custom flamed maple version. It has 4 individual piezo strips underneath the saddle pieces if anyone is wondering about the special looking saddle. All the best.

According to imdb, Kasey Chambers was on the show at least once, and this is one of her songs.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

For Glenn Tilbrook, a guest in 2007....

Here's a song from Newton Falkner I have loved since the first time I heard it.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

"Taken For Granted" (2000) by Sia who was on the show in 2010. Sia seems to like Prokofiev's "Dance of the Knights". My version is a multitracking mess with extra scratching percussions by the Housecat.

This one was originally released by the lovely Katie Melua in 2003 and, as well as being a beautiful song, summed up perfectly how I was feeling at the time! Thanks for hosting Emma - hope you’re enjoying your debut!

EDIT: Katie was apparently on the show in 2005 btw.
    Last edited by DelGriff; 09-12-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

According to my old pal wikipedia, Renée Geyer was a S&S regular. And wow, could she sing!

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Thread Information