Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Season 395 - Spicks and Specks

Words from one song to the tune of another/words from a sad song set to happy music.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

You guys, there have been so many great songs so far. Some really interesting and fresh takes on familiar songs, and some that are new to me!

I finally have reliable internet, so I’ve recorded something, a little bit of Divynls, since Chrissy Amphlett appeared on the show a few times. It’s not their MOST raunchy song, so it’s up to you if you want to play it without headphones!

Ahoy everybody
    I found time this week, between work and preparing for the second weekend of sheep hearding on the mountains, to figure out a song that I could perform to the tune of another.
    Here is the song 'Pepper' by the band Butthole Surfers performed to the tune of Beck's 'Cyanide Breath Mint'

Great theme, EmmaX! Sorry to hear about all the fires.

Meredith, Chris and I met the Spicks and Specks theme by bringing a song from two guests on that show, Jimmy Barnes and Ian Moss from Cold Chisel. Here's our cover of Flame Trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Friesse View Post
    Great theme, EmmaX! Sorry to hear about all the fires.

Meredith, Chris and I met the Spicks and Specks theme by bringing a song from two guests on that show, Jimmy Barnes and Ian Moss from Cold Chisel. Here's our cover of Flame Trees!
    This has another layer - since Sarah Blasko (who recorded my favorite cover version of this song) was also on Spicks and Specks a few times; so it’s a threefer!

I prefer Blasko's version to the original
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Kasey Chambers.
    Kevin on electric and harmony.

Hi everyone! I've been MIA for a few months, but I'm back with a Tim Minchin song! Here's a bit of mild political satire for you--his attempt to bring the opposing sides in Palestine together in song.

Just back after a week away with no uke (a huge sin, I know, but the other people on the holiday were probably glad). Anyway, it gave me time to go through that list and think about songs. As soon as I saw Guy Garvey's name on there, I had a petty good idea what I would try.

This song is lodged in my mind - I can still remember exactly where I was when I first heard it, on my car radio, about 15 years ago, in the days before radio station online playlists. So, having decided it was one of the best things I had heard for ages, all I could do was email the DJ (Steve Lamaq at Radio 1) to find out what it was. He replied - "Fugitive Motel" by Elbow. Never thought I would end up playing it on a uke, but that's what the Seasons does to you.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

One in at the last minute under the category of songs sung to the tune of another song. In this mash-up, we unite New Orleans Funk (Lee Dorsey, The Meters, and Allen Toussaint) with Australia's finest rock and roll. Enjoy! I know I did!

Thread Information