Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enya Nova U Carbon Travel Ukulele - REVIEWED

Awesome review, was looking forward to this one!

Thanks Baz. Enjoyed the review once again.

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    As with a lot of my reviews, due to the way the four score parts work, certain areas can drag a score up and look a bit strange. With this one, no, clearly it's not a high end wooden uke, but it is a hundred quid for something that works very well - so the value for money score element helped bring the score up! I also adore the looks (the subjective bit) which helped. The construction and sound ones are less in the mix which I thought was fair.

I wouldn't say my scoring was perfect, but it is what it is!
    I was thinking the exact same basically. The value for money does indeed inflate the score, but then again I can easily see why it is great value for money. If I were scoring ukes myself I would probably obsess about the scores I gave to the point of insanity, because when you condense a review into a number anyone can easily just look at the numbers and have a go at you because you gave a plastic uke a better score than a huge number of wooden ukes. And just to clarify, I'm not one of those people and don't care about other people's scores that much. I can look at scores or whatever in more isolation and see that, e.g., when it comes to plastic ukes specifically, this one shines way above most others but not necessarily above most wooden ukes, despite the score. As I said, great review.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffelele View Post
    Thanks Baz. Enjoyed the review once again.
    Thanks Jeff!
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Muybien04 View Post
    Awesome review, was looking forward to this one!

Thank you!
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Thanks for great review Baz. I’m wondering what the weight is of this ukulele? Second, love the moulded gig bag.
    This Uke is a prime candidate for Graphtech planetary tunes. Light weight, black which would work on all colours and planetary 6-1. Seems like a good fit. I’m in Canada, wish that free shipping applied to North American. I’d give one a spi. Even though I’m a tenor guy. Looks to be a great travel, take anywhere Uke.

I'm curious about the weight too. I'm actually considering getting one, to play at the Shriner's hospital. We can't give a wooden uke to a kid to try, so we have 2 Kala Watermans.
    But the Watermans, Ugh! I really hate them. We loaned one to a grownup there today, he had never played an ukulele, so that was his 1st impression. I kinda felt bad about it, but I would have been proud to hand him the Enya.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Great review.

Hope they induce more people to take up playing a Uke, the price and no doubt the full kit will be attractive.
    Col.
    From the UK with a bad case of MIAS.
    Korg PA700, Korg Kross 2, Gibson LP, Fender Jazz Bass,
    + Amps, PA, Boss GT100, mixer.
    Ukes - Kala KA-TEME and Risa ST electric solid body.
    Uke wish list, a Bass, make and model yet to be determined

Quote Originally Posted by M3Ukulele View Post
    Thanks for great review Baz. Iím wondering what the weight is of this ukulele? Second, love the moulded gig bag.
    This Uke is a prime candidate for Graphtech planetary tunes. Light weight, black which would work on all colours and planetary 6-1. Seems like a good fit. Iím in Canada, wish that free shipping applied to North American. Iíd give one a spi. Even though Iím a tenor guy. Looks to be a great travel, take anywhere Uke.
    Great review Baz, it is much appreciated.

I am a fan of radius fretboards and was glad to hear this has one. I own two Enya X1 ukes, a pineapple and a concert, well made, good playing, fun ukes. I actually followed the link and put one in the cart to find out shipping to Canada was $59.00. I will wait for them to make it to Amazon, thatís where I bought my two others.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Great review Baz, it is much appreciated.
    I actually followed the link and put one in the cart to find out shipping to Canada was $59.00. I will wait for them to make it to Amazon, that’s where I bought my two others.
    Try this since you're waiting. Go through the order process, but don't finalize payment (ie make sure you filled out email and have items in cart). Just wait a few days.

I received the "Hey, you didn't spend money on items in cart" email the first day.
    Second day "Hey, get FREE US SHIPPING" . Which was already free, but I know that shop owners on Shopify can do offers based on abandoned carts. So I'm wondering if it will be free to CA too at that point.

Thread Information