Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enya Nova U Carbon Travel Ukulele - REVIEWED

Default Enya Nova U Carbon Travel Ukulele - REVIEWED

The first independent review of the new Enya Nova U Carbon travel uke.

And I can say that I was rather pleased with it!

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2019/09/...VSkiprbUbTxUhQ
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

I've been waiting for this one. Awesome review, Baz! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one after the release in the USA.

Addeed a stop press to the review - they are available to the US now direct from Enya with free shipping. I also believe they will be on Amazon USA next month.

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Yes from https://www.enya-music.com/ for USA buyers out of their new office/distribution in Texas.
    Pre-order is up. One of the USA reps told me mid-October is the estimated shipping date for us in the USA from there.

That uke really sounds good in your hands! I love the looks of it too. I always liked the LP shape for guitars and like it with this uke too.
    Last edited by jer; 09-09-2019 at 04:22 AM.

Looks cool, but the string spread of only 25mm on the 35mm nut would put me off, man, that's tight! (see Baz's pic below). If they widened the string spread to 29-30mm, it would be so much more playable, at least for me.

For reference, the Outdoor ukes I've had were:

Soprano: 35mm nut, 29mm string spread at nut
    Tenor: 38mm nut, 29.5mm string spread at nut

Enya Nova.JPG
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 09-09-2019 at 04:28 AM.
    John

That was immediately my worry, and usually I find those dimensions unplayable. However....

Not sure it is the neck material, the shallower back or the radius, but... I actually found it really playable. Totally contrary to my usual findings. Not sure why, but I could play this all day.

I thought it would be easy to order once reviewed. Now to decide color and with or without pickup.....

I didn't even know a pickup was an option!!

Blimey. I was expecting a decent score after (and even before) watching the video, but a nine?! To be fair, at least in the video it sounded a lot more vibrant and jangly than any plastic uke I've ever heard, so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised. Looks the part as well, and I actually really like the gold tuners and strap buttons as well. Gives the uke some contrast which I like very much. Nice review, as always!

As with a lot of my reviews, due to the way the four score parts work, certain areas can drag a score up and look a bit strange. With this one, no, clearly it's not a high end wooden uke, but it is a hundred quid for something that works very well - so the value for money score element helped bring the score up! I also adore the looks (the subjective bit) which helped. The construction and sound ones are less in the mix which I thought was fair.

I wouldn't say my scoring was perfect, but it is what it is!

Thread Information