Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Enya Nova U Carbon Travel Ukulele - REVIEWED

Thanks Dave for chiming it. I can do $69 US$ for Uke them do $59 US$ for shipping, then when it gets to border, get hit with taxes and perhaps a custom fee. Post it you see it on Amazon Canada. I played HPL tenor in Halifax the other day. It was great. Well built, super value. If I didn’t have a Fluke tenor, TT solid top spruce/ laminate I’d had purchased in on the spot.

Still curious about the weight of these ukuleles.

Sorry, above should have read “can’t” do all those costs. First, US$ to CND$ not good right now. Second, we ALWAYS get dinged with taxes, custom crap on in coming. I will watch Amazon.ca or keep an eye out in my travels for one of these.

I just placed my order for a black one. I've been hoping Outdoor Ukulele would make a concert, but Enya beat them to it.

Baz - they should give you a commission on all the folks who buy because of your review
    Your strings sounded great - what did you put on it?

Thanks for all you do for the uke community!
    "Got a whole lot of nothing, and I watch it like a hawk." - Louis Prima, 'I'm Living in a Great Big Way'

Quote Originally Posted by ver2go View Post
    Try this since you're waiting. Go through the order process, but don't finalize payment (ie make sure you filled out email and have items in cart). Just wait a few days.

I received the "Hey, you didn't spend money on items in cart" email the first day.
    Second day "Hey, get FREE US SHIPPING" . Which was already free, but I know that shop owners on Shopify can do offers based on abandoned carts. So I'm wondering if it will be free to CA too at that point.
    Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try. It is a hard spill to swallow.....$59.00 shipping on a $69.00 uke. Especially when I bought my other two Enyas through Amazon Prime with free shipping.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by TobyDog View Post
    I just placed my order for a black one. I've been hoping Outdoor Ukulele would make a concert, but Enya beat them to it.

Baz - they should give you a commission on all the folks who buy because of your review

Hey TobyDog congratulations on being first kid on the UU block to order one. Please do a NUD when you have put it through its paces and let us know how you like it.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by TobyDog View Post

I only ever review ukuleles with the strings they arrive with - the only way to approach them. Some will like them , some won't. These are the Enya Fluoros - I actually like the tone, but don't like the tension.

Thanks for kind words Toby!
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Hey TobyDog congratulations on being first kid on the UU block to order one. Please do a NUD when you have put it through its paces and let us know how you like it.

Nah - the first on UU to get one was Bazmaz.... ;-)

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

I just noticed on: https://www.enya-music.com/collections/ukulele
    The $20 off pre-order discount is set to expire on 9/30/19.

I'm getting a blue one. I very much look forward to it! This is such a cool design. I always liked the feel of electric guitars or really thin body acoustics better than full size guitars and I think it may be that way for me with ukes too.

I wondered whether the offers would expire - natural for a brand to offer early discounts. It's why I kept the discounted prices to the STOP PRESS at the foot of my review rather than the main price section. Still - my scores are based on the RRP price so I still think it's good value!

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    Nah - the first on UU to get one was Bazmaz.... ;-)
    I stand corrected

I meant one of us normal blokes, not a high profile guy like yourself

Thread Information