Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips for maintaining a solid wood uke in 60-75% humidity climate (Australia)?

Quote Originally Posted by azairvine View Post
    Funny you should say that. My mate just started playing uke and bought one at the local shop. I asked him if they'd set it up and he was like, "well....surely they would have.....they're a shop". Then I started talking about action and the nut and saddle, and I was going to measure the string heights when I visited. Got there and he was like, "nahhhhhhhhh". He's quite happy with what he's got and doesn't want to bother about such silly things
    He seems like a totally sensible lad who is not overly obsessed with uke. You need to get him in here.
    Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Enya EUT-M6E
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

Personally I am pretty picky about instrument action.

Any new uke I get, I get a feel for it, do some action height measurement using a guitar action ruler.

Generally a bit of minor sanding of the saddle and occasionally a bit of nut filing is all it takes to get a uke play exactly the way I want.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinHing View Post
    He seems like a totally sensible lad who is not overly obsessed with uke. You need to get him in here.
    Hahaha I'll tell him that!

Quote Originally Posted by kissing View Post
    Personally I am pretty picky about instrument action.

Any new uke I get, I get a feel for it, do some action height measurement using a guitar action ruler.

Generally a bit of minor sanding of the saddle and occasionally a bit of nut filing is all it takes to get a uke play exactly the way I want.
    That's kind of the philosophy I have adopted (without having a uke). I reckon I might hit up the hock shops over the weekend and see if there's an axe I can rip apart and practice setting up!

Thread Information