Tell Me About Kelii Ukuleles

Tommy B

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just picked up a used Kelii concert uke, and I'm super-impressed with the sound and playability. I've looked around the web for more information about Kelii, but I get the feeling they're no longer in business. Does anyone know?

Also, I did come upon an old blog post from The Ukulele Site in which they decried the fact that Kelii ukuleles were made in Hawaii of imported parts. Does anyone know if that was always the case, or if the earlier Kelii ukes were 100 percent Hawaiian made?

Lastly, is there any way to date these instruments? I don't see a stamp or code anywhere on mine.

Thanks!

I have come across the name and I think they were originally Hawaiian but then assembled them in China but still used the "Made in Hawaii" sticker. The name is now owned by Aria Guitars and I think they sell them in Japan only.

The Martin Smell

I have several Martin ukes, but the Konter smells absolutely delicious. Maybe it's a cinnamon scent. I wrote to Martin asking about that lovely aroma.

"That is the natural smell of the wood.

The wood smell will fade over time so enjoy it while you can."

They must be cutting down cinnamon trees. :D

Last edited:
I had one of these years ago. I had forgotten about it until this thread. I'm not sure if mine was all made in Hawaii or the other. I remember it being a nice uke for the money, but that's about it. I sold or traded for something else.

I have come across the name and I think they were originally Hawaiian but then assembled them in China but still used the "Made in Hawaii" sticker. The name is now owned by Aria Guitars and I think they sell them in Japan only.

Interesting. I didn't know Aria had purchased the name. Thanks merlin666.

Top Bottom