Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HMS Tenor shootout

Thanks for posting link. Great pod cast. Nice to see Aaron visiting. He sold me my first Uke from main store many years ago when I was in Hawaii. Great bunch at HMS, real people, great service. I loved all the high end tenors. Guess only budget and playing would help me decide. Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by M3Ukulele View Post
    Thanks for posting link. Great pod cast. Nice to see Aaron visiting. He sold me my first Uke from main store many years ago when I was in Hawaii. Great bunch at HMS, real people, great service. I loved all the high end tenors. Guess only budget and playing would help me decide. Ha ha
    Yes. It was great seeing Aaron. I had been wondering about him lately.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018
    Blackbird Clara - 2019
    Kanilea KCS-SSP super soprano - circa 2016

Another good video of the LFdM baritone from 2017.

https://vimeo.com/213408051
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_J View Post
    Another good video of the LFdM baritone from 2017.

https://vimeo.com/213408051
    It sure is Hodge.

I had the pleasure of playing this ukulele before Luis sent it out. It is unique and I will shed some light on this.

It is made with the large baritone LfdM body. Much larger then a normal baritone, almost tenor guitar size. The customer asked for a 19” scale length (LfdM baritones come standard with 22-1/4” scale length). It was also specified that the instrument be able to be strung like a tenor GCEA. With different strings you can go down to DGBE and anywhere in between.
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 09-12-2019 at 01:08 AM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

Thanks for posting the link! Fun to watch some wonderful instruments......need to go on the website and see what is left.........if only for smiles .....

The Hive, the Wiemer, the Lotus Acoustics, the Kanile'a Pineapple.....which one do I choose.......
    Last edited by mjh42; 09-11-2019 at 02:08 PM.

I was quite impressed with all of them.

Really intrigued with the Pigeon Tree Spruce Ebony.

Anybody have a tulip wood instrument where the color has aged to the darker "chocolate' color they talked about?

The Hive was lovely sounding.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

I had tulip wood lamination in a longbow some years ago.....really beautiful wood. Under the clear fiberglass it did not fade very much but it was not as bright as the ukulele shown.

Thread Information