Thread: Romero Creations Tiny Tenor Spalted Mango

Default Romero Creations Tiny Tenor Spalted Mango

Gosh this is a pretty instrument, it's all beautifully spalted mango and has a wonderful rich warm sound. First heard Cynthia Lin playing one and had to have it, but it's one too many ukes in my quiver. Paid $821 a year ago from Ukulele Site, they have a nice video of a tiny tenor if you want to hear it. Full set-up, gigbag, pickup, strap button, extra LaBella strings, low G. Strings are set a little further apart, great for finger picking. Romero didn't make many full mangos like this one because they were picky about the wood quality, this is a rare beauty. $800 and I'll pay shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pretty spalting.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Very interesting ukulele! Where was it made?

Doc

A beautiful instrument. They have become very hard to find, and I'm sure this one will appreciate in value over time. I have 3 RC ukes: a solid top TT, solid top STC, and solid mahogany STC. I was in the market for a solid body TT, and looked for the past 6 months, but finally decided that the concert was my size. Excellent for fingerpicking, and they sound so dang good, I was reluctant to tune one re-entrant, but it sounds great too. The uke site such a good job with their set up, I'm sure it plays nice. It this is one you're thinning, I'd love to play the ones you're keeping ;-) Good luck with the sale.

Thread Information