Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Custom resonator Uke is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by stevejfc View Post
    Beautiful etching. What is it strung with?
    Nylon. It will be fluoros after I get it.

That is sweet ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    It is a wonderful looking instrument.
    Resonators have a very delicate cone, I suggest checking with the maker about strings to make sure you do not put too much tension on the cone. I had to get a cone replaced because of using strings with tension too high. Alternate tunings can also increase tension. Now I just stick to the recommended strings and tuning. Nylon strings are generally low tension, so most other strings will have a higher tension than nylon.
    I've been using fluoros on my 2 resonators, a Luna and a National, so I think it should be fine. Thanks for the advice.

If this is a custom build why aren't you asking for the strings you want?
    Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTDP - Pono ATDC-CR

Quote Originally Posted by AQUATOPAZ View Post
    Thanks. Yes. It fits on the biscuit bridge.
    Which brand?
    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Counter View Post
    If this is a custom build why aren't you asking for the strings you want?
    I would have had to send them and forgot to. I was thinking about nut width, passive as opposed to active pickup, and just didn't think about it in time. I didn't expect him to have finished it for a few months.
    Last edited by AQUATOPAZ; 09-11-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prb035 View Post
    Which brand?
    A luthier Roberto Ruggieri.

Wow!! How completely gorgeous, big congratulations Do you need a special pickup for a Resonator?
    I have a National Guitar Resonator Ukulele that was restored at National. While there I had them install a pickup and it was a special pickup designed for resonators. I'm not sure of the pickup brand but will look it up if you're interested.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)

Quote Originally Posted by keenonuke View Post
    I have a National Guitar Resonator Ukulele that was restored at National. While there I had them install a pickup and it was a special pickup designed for resonators. I'm not sure of the pickup brand but will look it up if you're interested.
    Many thanks, l have read that resonators can be a little problematic when it comes to pickups, that’s why I thought I’d take to opportunity to ask
    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

Many thanks, l have read that resonators can be a little problematic when it comes to pickups, that’s why I thought I’d take to opportunity to ask
    There are 2 types specifically for resonators. Mya Moe would install the Schatten, which fits on the saddle on top of the biscuit, ( accidentally called it biscuit bridge), and the Fishman which sits under the brdge. They are both supposed to be great.The Fishman costs twice as much. I figured if Mya Moe likes the Schatten, they must be very good.

Thread Information