Adding strap buttons to Outdoor ukulele

joshsimpson79

Reaction score
I've added buttons to a handful of ukuleles before, but not an outdoor model. One of my students has a soprano. She took it to one local shop and they wouldn't touch it because it was plastic. Another shop had a young kid that had not touched one before, but he was willing to give it a try. I was not there. This is the student's mom account of events.

So, have you done it before? Is there anything I should know? I appreciate your help.

I added strap buttons to my Fluke tenor body, which is plastic, with no problems at all. I used a small drill bit.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I've added buttons to a handful of ukuleles before, but not an outdoor model. One of my students has a soprano. She took it to one local shop and they wouldn't touch it because it was plastic. Another shop had a young kid that had not touched one before, but he was willing to give it a try. I was not there. This is the student's mom account of events.

So, have you done it before? Is there anything I should know? I appreciate your help.

I think that this thread might be helpful to you:

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...ons-Outdoor-Ukulele&highlight=Outdoor+ukulele

Top Bottom