The Frustration of Waiting

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I've been spoiled by fast delivery from Amazon and other companies. I ordered a tire from Tire Rack last week, and it arrived the next day. Right now, I'm waiting for a Fluke to arrive from CO. I should have gotten it on Tuesday, but here it is Friday, and it's been "Delayed."

After someone pointed out a nice Cordoba all-bamboo uke on Reverb, I ordered that. It must be coming by horseback. If it arrives on time from CA, it will have taken fifteen days to get here.

The Fluke has the standard plastic fretboard, and I was going to see if I could make a wooden one for it, but seeing those Neck Illusions has me wondering if using one of them would a better idea - cheaper, faster, and changeable.

https://neckillusions.com/

you better never order a custom. :p

I had to wait 7 years—seriously—for a custom classical guitar from Douglas Ching and that was in the 1990s. The waiting list is probably much longer now! More recently I had a TT6 shipped from California to Honolulu and it was "delayed" for 5 weeks. The box looked like USPS ran over it with the mail truck...

I had to wait 7 years—seriously—for a custom classical guitar from Douglas Ching and that was in the 1990s. The waiting list is probably much longer now! More recently I had a TT6 shipped from California to Honolulu and it was "delayed" for 5 weeks. The box looked like USPS ran over it with the mail truck...

Ouch! I'm surprised the Duke I got managed to get to me in one piece. The box was a disaster I thought I'd be pulling out pieces. I got lucky though.

I've been spoiled by fast delivery from Amazon and other companies. I ordered a tire from Tire Rack last week, and it arrived the next day. Right now, I'm waiting for a Fluke to arrive from CO. I should have gotten it on Tuesday, but here it is Friday, and it's been "Delayed."

After someone pointed out a nice Cordoba all-bamboo uke on Reverb, I ordered that. It must be coming by horseback. If it arrives on time from CA, it will have taken fifteen days to get here.

The Fluke has the standard plastic fretboard, and I was going to see if I could make a wooden one for it, but seeing those Neck Illusions has me wondering if using one of them would a better idea - cheaper, faster, and changeable.

Those neck illusions look interesting, but all the designs I liked were for guitars. Kind of a bummer.

Those neck illusions look interesting, but all the designs I liked were for guitars. Kind of a bummer.

I emailed them with a couple of questions, and they seem to be very accommodating. I'm sure they could print a guitar design for a uke. They even do custom designs - just like Magic Fluke. You could send a graphic to Magic Fluke for the top of the uke and use the same image for the fretboard.

You should go with the illusions. You can always decide to change the fretboard later if the illusions don,'t do the trick.

LOL. I waited 2 years for my KLOS tenor uke to be delivered. I just ordered an electric uke from Brian Fanner in South Africa. I wonder how long that will take! But, of course, I do have 4 ukes to keep me happy until it arrives!

I ordered a Jake Blue about a week ago, now I feel even worse. I gotta look at Jake Blue's review and pictures every few hours to scratch my itch. AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, UAS maks me satisfied and unsatisfied at the same time.:rolleyes:

LOL. I waited 2 years for my KLOS tenor uke to be delivered. I just ordered an electric uke from Brian Fanner in South Africa. I wonder how long that will take! But, of course, I do have 4 ukes to keep me happy until it arrives!

Wow! I ordered a Klos when it was an Indigogo offering, and that took four months to arrive. The Indiegogo Peanut made me wait four months. I waited about the same length of time when Duke 10 was getting started, and now I'm waiting two months for another uke. Two years is too much.

The uke that started this thread took fifteen days to travel from CA to NY, and it cost the seller $5.30 to ship it. I just weighed and measured the box, and it would have cost about $20 for three day Priority shipping, a price I would gladly have paid.

Maybe order a design uncut, and trim it out to fit your uke's fretboard?

Pick the one that will make you most happy.

Maybe order a design uncut, and trim it out to fit your uke's fretboard?

Pick the one that will make you most happy.

The company seems eager to work with customers, so if I can pick one that I like, I'll give them the dimensions and they'll cut it to fit. I know that cutting all those pieces myself would not work. One hitch, though. This is for a Flea or Fluke with a plastic fretboard, so the frets are black. I don't know how they'll show up unless I paint them.

What are they? I mean, are they vinyl with some adhesive backing? If so, it sounds like that contact paper that you line drawers with.

Top Bottom