Price this 2nd hand uke please! BRUR71-C Cole Clark Concert Uke

azairvine

Reaction score
Hey uke boffins!!

I just came across a listing in town and thought I'd get an appraisal from the brains trust.

I have never heard of the brand. I haven't been thinking concert. But if it's an amazing uke at a great price well......who am I to argue?

I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the grain. To me it looks like a fusion of my two favourites - Ziricote and Spalted Maple. But that's not good enough reason alone to buy it!!

uke1.jpg

uke2.jpg

uke3.jpg

uke4.jpg

Thanks guys and gals!!

Cole Clark is an Australian guitar company that has made some ukes in the past. Looks to me like redwood top and spalted maple sides/back. Maybe some of our Aussie members can weigh in on the value.

Last edited:
My meager googling skills found this video. In it they said that ukes range from $400 to $1200 new.

Looks like a cool company that really was trying to focus on the pickups, though it looks like the one you are considering doesn't have a pickup.

Good luck!

The 'BR' logo suggests Baton Rouge to me, I have two of their concert ukes, a laminate mahogany & a solid spruce, they're the equal of Kala/Ohana to my mind.

(Check to see if it is by the label in the sound hole.)

Check out these.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=BRUR71-C

Last edited:
that does indeed appear to be the exact uke. why did the OP state cole clark? Is there a label in it?

Don't shoot the messenger! I just copied the ad as it was listed. Hence my confusion when I didn't find the uke listed on the Cole Clark site.

From the listing, " This ukulele is made for Cole Clark the Australian guitar maker so it's a quality instrument."

To be fair, I'd never heard of Cole Clark before - it had no relevance to me.

$100USD? His listing is nearly double that. I quickly came to the conclusion that it looks like he got shafted on paying $400AUD ($275USD) for it new - though it does come with a case. No idea if it's soft case or hard case.

Maybe the seller copied and pasted from an ad for a different uke. Well, I recently came across an ad where, the seller wanted $50 less than a brand new one for used on a uke that was Mary well in excess of $1k. so I guess it takes all kinds...

Well, he also posted this - so he may have been mugged and is trying to dupe someone else.

I see them listed new for ~$320 so while I have no idea about the instrument, $260 may be a bit overpriced!

uke5.jpg

I think he "BR" range are a collaboration - Cole Clarke with an Asian maker.
CC supplied the design and the woods. CC no longer make their own ukes - maybe this is their way of using up their small bits of wood?
I was in a music shop in Lismore, NSW and played a few ukes off the wall, these BR's were the nicest. Fairly light, big sound, nice look. I would recommend them as a great mid-range uke.
Top is redwood (solid I think), back and sides spalted maple (probably laminate)

I saw the uke today. Just so happened the seller brought it to the HUMPS night here. It looks beautiful, and I honestly couldn't tell it was secondhand - no blemishes or anything. I'm really set on a tenor though, and particularly the KAKA EUT-MAD. I can hardly get out half a dozen chords so playing it wouldn't have told me anything about the quality of the instrument. Didn't talk to the seller though.

I feel if the price was a bit lower and it was a tenor, I'd jump on it. I think I found it new for about $320, so while it looks in pristine condition I feel it might be a little overpriced?

Top Bottom