Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Price this 2nd hand uke please! BRUR71-C Cole Clark Concert Uke

I think he "BR" range are a collaboration - Cole Clarke with an Asian maker.
    CC supplied the design and the woods. CC no longer make their own ukes - maybe this is their way of using up their small bits of wood?
    I was in a music shop in Lismore, NSW and played a few ukes off the wall, these BR's were the nicest. Fairly light, big sound, nice look. I would recommend them as a great mid-range uke.
    Top is redwood (solid I think), back and sides spalted maple (probably laminate)

I saw the uke today. Just so happened the seller brought it to the HUMPS night here. It looks beautiful, and I honestly couldn't tell it was secondhand - no blemishes or anything. I'm really set on a tenor though, and particularly the KAKA EUT-MAD. I can hardly get out half a dozen chords so playing it wouldn't have told me anything about the quality of the instrument. Didn't talk to the seller though.

I feel if the price was a bit lower and it was a tenor, I'd jump on it. I think I found it new for about $320, so while it looks in pristine condition I feel it might be a little overpriced?

Thread Information