Selling several ukes to downsize UAS, Ponos, Loprinzi, Kala

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmoon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Selling several ukes to downsize UAS, Ponos, Loprinzi, Kala, concert, tenor, baritone

Update: Price drop, added additional ukes, better case. another uke sold:

I've decided to go ahead and downsize my collection a bit and keep only the ukes that both have a tone I love and neck profiles that I am comfortable with..... I am posting 360 degree videos to verify that there are no issues (dents/scratches) I am not aware of. All are kept in a hard case with an oasis humidifier when not being played. Paypal F&F preferred, otherwise add 3% for feeds.

Kala KA-ASFM-T-C All solid Flame Maple with slothead, cutaway, and with Misi pickup. Purchased recently from HMS about a month ago. I like the sound of this uke, but like Pono tenors, I find the neck a bit thick. Includes kala archtop hard case. I've only played this 2 or 3 times Between the case and the pickup I have about $756 in this practically new uke. Link to HMS Video of this model here.
$385 shipped continental US - thats like getting a free hardcase and fee pickup installation, barely half of what you would pay new!
My video of this uke is here: https://youtu.be/bhDJlvtNh5E

SOLD! Ohana Limited Edition CK-470G Concert, w/5.0 pickup all solid spruce top & solid rosewood back/sides (purchased from Mim earlier this year; she installed the pickup) - $330 shipped (was $389 new + 200ish for the pickup install). I like this uke, but it was kind of my attempt to have something similar to a moon bird (only cheaper), and now I actually have Moon Birds. Mim sold it as B stock because of light scratches in the finish and I think the neck that mostly buffed out, but there are a few visible in the right lighting. Will include a Crossrock 800 series hard case. Original listing at mims without pickup installed is here
My 360 video is here: https://youtu.be/wpMA04iJyeM

SOLD! Pono Deluxe Mango Baritone w/5.0 pickup (purchased new from HMS about 9 months ago), also had them install a strap button, the pickup and bought a Oahu case for it. Currently strung with PhD low G for baritone and it sounds mellow and sweet without being boomy or feeling like a lot of tension on the strings.
Only $435. Less than the cost of one without a pickup! And a oahu hard case on top of that! HMS video of this model here.
My Video of this uke here: https://youtu.be/8cSJ5EITZKA

SOLD! Pono ETSHC-PC Proc Classic Cedar/Macassar Tenor, strung low-G. Includes a pono case. This is structurally in great condition, but it has a minor blemish below the bridge (hard to see except in the right lighting), and also on the back of the headstock, and some light strumming scratches. I'm not the original owner. I think it was setup by HMS, but I will check my old emails from the UU member I bought it from to confirm. I absolutely adore the sound of this uke, and have hesitated to sell it for that reason, but the neck is just hard for me to manage.
$485 shipped continental US.
Video of this uke is here: https://youtu.be/fEq0EqBWAJU

SOLD! Loprinzi AM-C Mahogany Concert In great condition, no issues I have seen. I believe I am the second owner. Selling because I prefer the sound of mahogany with a cedar top vs pure mahogany. Includes the hard case. I love the size of the neck and the feel and weight of it and just wish it had a cedar top darn it!
$350 shipped continental US
Video of this uke is here:
https://youtu.be/QaF3hKGdp1s

SOLD! Pono Mango Concert Deluxe w/Pickup, PCM-E. This is a Pono Mango Deluxe with a Pono passive pickup. Ebony fretboard and bridge, gloss finish (not satin) and metal tuners. I believe I am the second owner, but it is in beautiful condition. Will also include the hard case.
$300 shipped continental US.
Video of this uke is here: https://youtu.be/24D95cMbn68

Considering selling one or both of of these :
  • Pono RC-(S)-PC Rosewood and Spruce Top Pro Classic Concert w/5.0 pickup - $500 - HMS Video Link
    This model is no longer made as pono started closing out their rosewood line. Beautiful as a low-g concert which makes me hesitant to sell (plus family member likes to play it when visiting me!)
  • Kala KA-SRT/MA Michael Aratani Solid Spruce/Rosewood Tenor w/ 5.0 pickup - $400 - Tribute Edition in honor of Music Guy Mike - Neat video from HMS of this model with different strings here. I'm having a pickup installed in my Light Bird and switching it to low G, which might make it my go-to low-g tenor instead of this one.
I have friends that have expressed interest in these last two if I decide to sell then and they have first rights to buy per conversations with them). Still, if you are interested in one of them let me know, and I can post videos/photos ....that would let me try another new uke.....already thinking about indulging UAS again and I haven't even sold them all yet....lol....

Last edited:
I don't play concerts. But I do have a Pono ETSHC-PC Pro Classic Cedar/Macassar Ebony slothead cutaway. It is a terrific Pono. Lovely sound. Very musical. The cutaway is well done and doesn't affect the sound. The ebony is gorgeous and the cedar gives this uke a warm lush sound. Great for strumming or picking.

This is a good price for an excellent Pono. (The cutaway and the slothead add almost $100 each to the price of a new Pono Cedar/Macassar tenor.)

I don't play concerts. But I do have a Pono ETSHC-PC Pro Classic Cedar/Macassar Ebony slothead cutaway. It is a terrific Pono. Lovely sound. Very musical. The cutaway is well done and doesn't affect the sound. The ebony is gorgeous and the cedar gives this uke a warm lush sound. Great for strumming or picking.

This is a good price for an excellent Pono. (The cutaway and the slothead add almost $100 each to the price of a new Pono Cedar/Macassar tenor.)

Lol, you are making me want to keep it now! I do love the sound. It's just a great tonewood combo....i wonder how much a custom concert from pono built the same as this tenor would cost? or a custom kaniel'a tenor with its thin neck and cedar/macassar? Would Koaloha make me one of this tonewood combo....Ah, dratted UAS.... now I am thinking about really expensive custom ukes again!!!

Last edited:
Loprinzi sold

The Loprinizi is sold. I liked the feel of it so much I am going to be on the lookout for a Loprinzi Model D (Koa) concert...or maybe a spruce/rosewood one.

That Kala maple tenor looks and sounds really good. Can't beat the price. Over half the price is covered by the MiSi pickup and the case! If I didn't already have an Oya maple tenor, I'd be seriously tempted.

Bump. Definitely decided to sell the Ohana limited edition all solid spruce/rosewood w/5.0 pickup and include a crossrock hard case.

Bump. Dropping price of Kala KA-ASFM-T-C All solid Flame Maple with slothead, cutaway, and with Misi pickup down to onl $385 shipped continental US.

Perhaps it's time to close this and start a new thread with the remaining uke(s) you are selling? It's gotten kind of confusing.

Regardless, good luck with the remaining items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom