wow koa bird soprano

shanmoon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I totall love the tone and feel of the moon birds.... I've got several ukes for sale now, so of course I am already sufving the HMS vimeo channel looking of future manifestations of UAS.

I came across the Koa Bird Soprano video...and just have to say wow! What a loud little soprano with a lovely tone...I wonder if Santa would bring me one for Christmas! Next the you know I will have nothing but Anuenue Bird ukes!

https://vimeo.com/353286448

I've definitely been impressed by the videos of their sopranos. If I played soprano, I'd definitely be wanting one.

Heheh....there was, now it is on its way to me. Another reason why I need to sell a few of my less played ukes I listed. I sold a really nice TK-90SC Ohana (solid spruce/cedar/maple/rosewood)I picked up a few days ago for $40 at a garage sale because the seller thought it was "no good because a string is broken". I actually offered her more because there was nothing wrong with it and $40 for a uke that sold for around $500 seemed like stealing, but the woman wouldn't take any more for it. I turned around and sold it for $350 to an aquaintance who plays in a church band. I finally sold my classical guitar that has been unplayed for years too, so I rationalized buying the soprano as "hey I am still downsizing my instrument count by one guitar and I am only spending $50 since I sold enough to pay for most of it!

I kind of wish Anuenue would make a baritone moon bird, I bet it would rock.... but then I would have to buy one because I love the birds so much!

Last edited:
Shanmoon - you beat me to it. Enjoy your new uke!

Wow, the little moonbird soprano is amazing. I'm working remotely today, and arrived at my home just at the start of my lunch break. It was all I could do to stop playing and get ready to go back to work in a few minutes It has the beautiful moonbird bell like tones, but is not strident, and is louder than any soprano I've played before. I love how each of the moon bird sounds bigger than it is without losing their distinctive tone! Interestingly, I found playing harmonics on it easier than any other uke I've tried before. Now time to get back to work, and not get distracted by thoughts of playing this little uke (if only it were 6pm already!!!) I have found the "keeper" soprano for me. This one won't be going anywhere, except maybe off to HMS to have a pickup installed if I can stand to have it out of my hands for weeks!

Last edited:
Congrats on your new uke. But I’m a little confused that you got the koa bird or moon bird. Either one, deserves a NUD thread!

Sorry about that - started the thread enthusing abuot a koa bird, but then someone posted that there was a moon bird soprano for sale here on the marketplace. That's the one I got. I shoud do a NUD for it and compare it to the other birds in my colleciton.

Sorry about that - started the thread enthusing abuot a koa bird, but then someone posted that there was a moon bird soprano for sale here on the marketplace. That's the one I got. I shoud do a NUD for it and compare it to the other birds in my colleciton.

Ah.. thanks for the clear up. Seems like you got the whole moon bird gang right there! looking forward to a family photo.

Top Bottom