FS Kanile'a K-1 S DLX walnut soprano in EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolibri

out of tune
UU VIP
Reaction score
Selling a lovely Kanile'a K-1 S DLX soprano uke, a bit of special - made of walnut. Based on the serial number, this uke was completed in December 2016. I bought it in March 2019 on eBay, have played rarely and kept it properly humidified.

This is not the loudest soprano, but it sounds nice and balanced. Overall, I'm very impressed with Kanile'a sound and quality and selling this one just to finance another Kanile'a uke.

Specs:
Solid curly walnut top, sides and back.
No cracks, dings or scratches.
Gloss finish and gloss neck.
Rosewood fretboard and bridge.
Aquila nylgut strings.
Action and playability are good imo, although I don't know if and by whom the setup has been made.
Hard foam case included.

Video with sound sample
The finish is so shiny and glossy that it's quite hard to capture it on photos and video.

The uke is located in Finland, EU. Comes from a smoke free home, but has had contacts with cats.

Asking 730 € Paypal (includes shipping, preferably within EU).

Attachments

• kanilea_sop2.jpg
    kanilea_sop2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 106
  • kanilea_sop.jpg
    kanilea_sop.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 127
Wow! That is one good looking uke! And sounds just as good! Good luck with the sale! I am sure it will sell quick! :)

Lovely! Wish it was a tenor.

That is magnificent-looking walnut. Just wonderful. The walnut warms up the sound quite nicely. Great sustain. I think I'm hearing a little more low end for a soprano. Really nice.

Super cool uke.

It looks fabulous - actually it looks more like the dark super deluxe Koa to me more than Walnut? Looks and sounds great whatever!

Unless this uke was a commissioned custom, I am unaware of Kanilea stock instruments built with walnut. This looks like dark Koa to me as well. Looks and sounds lovely! Good luck with the sale!

Thank you for your kind comments and insights. Maybe the wood is koa, indeed. The eBay listing said "walnut" and the seller had other not so usual ukes like Kanile'a mango tenor for sale as well.
Anyway, this "mystery wood" soprano is Kanile'a, sounds nice and is still available.

I sent an email message to Kanile'a, asking about the wood and got a prompt reply:

"That is a special build specifically done for Exotic Ukulele. It is a K-1 S Walnut Deluxe instrument. Enjoy!
Kanile`a `Ukulele"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom