Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Week 396: Ukulele Drag Race

My deepest condolences to you and your family on your sister's passing, Brian. I'm hoping that your wife will soon be better also. Wishing you all strength. Linda

Here's Dolly Parton's song Jolene. The images in the video are mostly of a doll my daughter knitted for me. I take it out with me and it sits on the table by me when I'm out at a folk club or a session. It started out as "Scary Dolly", as someone labelled the doll that used to feature in the background of my videos. She's now just "Dolly" as the knitted version is not in the least bit scary! Featuring Dolly in the video seems entirely appropriate to the theme.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

I meant to add.

Condolences on the passing of your sister, Pa. Also I hope that your wife's health improves soon.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Hey Brian I’m so very sorry to hear about your sister. Glad to know you could be with her till the end.

I REALLY do appreciate all the kind thoughts seasonistas!
    Thank you!

I'd also really appreciate seeing more highjinks and videos for Joko's season.
    Bring them on!!!!!!

I haven't been able to participate as fully in the seasons as I'd like to lately. Especially in regards to viewing and commenting on videos and even on replying to comments left on my vids.

But I do love seeing the Seasons continue on.....bring on those vids please.

Well, this is all the "high jinks" I could manage ... a VERY abbreviated version of The Lumberjack Song. As you can see, Joko, when I mentioned a pile of wood needing attention, it was not just a casual reference to lumberjacks and check flannel shirts. One of the delights of living in rural France is the huge pile of logs which is dumped outside our woodshed every Autumn and which has to be stacked inside before the weather becomes inclement. This year it is all my own work! (Sorry about the wind ... I hadn't realised it was so noisy till I listened to the video.)

Last edited by LimousinLil; 09-21-2019 at 12:35 AM.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

I had such plans for this week... but then I lost my voice. It's a little quiet, a little croaky, but here is the Cyndi Lauper song that made me question gender as a social construct. Although, seeing as I was about 8 at the time, it manifested mainly in trying to work out the ambiguous pronouns:
    'I know that you're going with another guy'
    (Is the singer revealing that her boyfriend left her for another guy? Or is the singer also a guy?)
    When I learned that Cyndi Lauper's version was a cover of a Prince song, it deepened the mystery (and gave me a deep and abiding respect for singers who don't change pronouns in their cover versions).

I hope this meets the mission requirements!

Ahoy
    Better late than never.
    First I want to offer my condolences to Brian and his family.

Secondly, here is my submission for the week.

So you got your Grammy's... and Emmy's... And Tonies...

As a token of esteem to another Seasonista, this week's prozes are now called the Ronnies. May she rest in peace.

But for the rest of you, one last day to get out there and show us your FLUID side!

Some comments...
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

lucky man by the verve

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Thread Information