Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 396: Ukulele Drag Race

///You need to fix that link mate ////

OMG! I can see from the thumbnails above me that I've got some amazing videos to watch. Can't wait. Before I do, let me try again with this one of mine. Last night, YouTube thought I was spamming. This afternoon, I guess I just posted it wrong. It's not like the universe is telling me "JOKO, DON'T POST THAT VIDEO!"

Nah.

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Hell's grannies you say!!! wicked bunch I tell you and no mistake.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Oooh, SCARY! Haven't seen that in ages! And what about this lot .....

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

How lucky that my wifes friends just brought a couple of wigs to the house.
    I skipped the makeup though, but a wig is something - even if it is a novelty one.

This song, The Crying Game, featured in the movie of the same name, which is on the qualifying movie soundtrack list.

An instrumental version here.

This could have benefitted from some practice, multitracking and a metronome.
    But I went for a quick take, rather than finishing some time in the weekend.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

i couldn't resist the lure of marc bolan, here is his "you gotta jive to stay alive"

my normal look is androgynous. in fact sometimes complete strangers stop me in the street and ask me, why do you wear men's clothes? and i say they're not men's clothes, they're my clothes! that's one version of how that kind of exchange can go, sometimes i just get a torrent of homophobic abuse. for which i do not have a handy snappy riposte. but i digress - for the season i tried to crank my usual look up a tiny notch with a tie. why am i wearing a man's tie? it's not a man's tie, it's my tie! (and i can prove it, 'cos i bought it at asda yesterday, and i still have the receipt!)

Last edited by bird's eye view of my ukelele; 09-17-2019 at 02:26 PM. Reason: adding a little info for joko about what i'm wearing
    lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

I have to admit this theme is way out of my comfort zone, though not for theme content. As I mentioned to a good friend, Many friends and family members have tried (and failed) throughout my life to get me to dress up for halloween It's never has been something I felt comfortable doing. That said, I just had to comment on what a wonderful job you've done with the whole thing Joko. I've gotten quite a few laughs already. I'll find some kind of feminine item to don if I can do a live take, and choose one of the artists who are on the list. Thanks for hosting ~
    Last edited by Mezcalero; 09-17-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Wow. This 4 songs on Day 3 were quite an amazing set. I'd rather you watch the originials, but my reactions to them below.

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Quote Originally Posted by Mezcalero View Post
    I have to admit this theme is way out of my comfort zone, though not for theme content. As I mentioned to a good friend, Many friends and family members have tried (and failed) throughout my life to get me to dress up for halloween It's never has been something I felt comfortable doing. That said, I just had to comment on what a wonderful job you've done with the whole thing Joko. I've gotten quite a few laughs already. I'll find some kind of feminine item to don if I can do a live take, and choose one of the artists who are on the list. Thanks for hosting ~
    You can do it, Kev!!!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild side (Apologies to Wim for doubling up on this song)

Big thanks to Elizabeth and Big Bertha (Bass) for assisting with this project.
    I got a lot out it.

I wanted to do more but I ran out of time. :-(

Thank you Joko for hosting - sorry didn't have time to put something on, or put a ribbon in my hair :-O

homemade song, "the real you"

pics in the video are of the wonderful character judy, a trans woman, in the film "better than chocolate"

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Thread Information