Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 396: Ukulele Drag Race

Up to date with my viewing. Another 4 excellent songs!

BTW, in case you were wondering, Jokina is NOT eligible to win this week. She's related to the judge.

Don't breath a word of that to her though!

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

really bummed that I can't finish this week's project. Just had a hand injury carrying groceries.

Well, probably came as close as ever to giving a season a miss. But I have not missed a season ever since I began participating in this crazy thing called the seasons quite a few years ago now. And this is season is .. it is Joko's season ..

The reason - my sister passed away this week, and I was alone with her when she passed, and she was a great friend to my family, never missing my kids birthdays, spending lots of time with them. probably my wife's best friend, she lived with us until she was so high care that she needed to move into a home, her choice, the home was close by and my wife and daughter visited often, she would have been with her but my wife has health issues of her own at the moment, my daughter had been spending hours feeding her in recent days and had spent the night at the home with her, she came home exhausted having not slept herself so I went up to be with Ronnie, my brother and my wife and my daughter (named after my sister) arrived minutes after she passed.

BUT I bring you this Prince song - due to a health condition my sister wore wigs through most of her later years - so as well as hopefully meeting the remit of the season - it is also a nod to her - Ronnette Maree Caldwell. She passed peacefully and deserves the rest.

And Prince was such a talent - unlike this guy -

Last edited by pabrizzer; 09-19-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Condolences, Brian! (Hope your wife's health will improve soon.)
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

A song about being a man - "When a Man Loves a Woman" (1966) by Calvin Lewis and Andrew Wright. It's not easy to be a man...

(And if anybody wonders, this is not a beard but my chest hair. )

I'm really surprised no one has done "Lola".
    Ohana CK-42R - all-solid concert, sinker redwood top, rosewood body, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG- solid/lam concert, spruce top, spalted flame maple body, mahogany binding
    Ohana CK-120G - all-solid concert, 5A acacia top sides and back, mahogany binding, Limited Edition
    Ohana SK-30M - all-solid mahogany long neck soprano (concert scale)
    Romero ST - solid/lam concert, spruce top, mahogany body

So sorry to hear your news Brian. It sounds like you have many happy memories to get you through this difficult time.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

I mentioned it as an example in the category description and that pretty much fated it to not being done. We're ukulele players. We like to be original.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Very sorry for your loss Brian! I've recently been dealing with the loss of a very close friend, and i'm amazed how paralyzing it can be. Nice that the wig fits the season and serves as a dedication at the same time. Thanks for sharing ~

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Well, probably came as close as ever to giving a season a miss. But I have not missed a season ever since I began participating in this crazy thing called the seasons quite a few years ago now. And this is season is .. it is Joko's season ..

The reason - my sister passed away this week, and I was alone with her when she passed, and she was a great friend to my family, never missing my kids birthdays, spending lots of time with them. probably my wife's best friend, she lived with us until she was so high care that she needed to move into a home, her choice, the home was close by and my wife and daughter visited often, she would have been with her but my wife has health issues of her own at the moment, my daughter had been spending hours feeding her in recent days and had spent the night at the home with her, she came home exhausted having not slept herself so I went up to be with Ronnie, my brother and my wife and my daughter (named after my sister) arrived minutes after she passed.

BUT I bring you this Prince song - due to a health condition my sister wore wigs through most of her later years - so as well as hopefully meeting the remit of the season - it is also a nod to her - Ronnette Maree Caldwell. She passed peacefully and deserves the rest.

And Prince was such a talent - unlike this guy -

This is Dave. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's passing and your wife's health, Brian. I hope she gets better.

Thread Information