Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 396: Ukulele Drag Race

Thanks to those participating so far. My comments here:
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

brother. you're just the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Joko View Post
    I have a button that shows me that.

Attachment 121400
    Hahaha! Brilliant!

Oh no - just realised youíve probably been using that button on every vid Iíve done since joining the Seasons - now thatís worrying!!!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

A secret X-RAY SPEX button!

At first, I made a much more complicated version of this song, but after a couple of days of working on it, I just wanted to relax and chill out in some everyyday, normal clothing and have a beer.

"https://youtu.be/X9-GZlYO60A"
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Not going to drag up today if that's okay, nevertheless I hope this counts. My fingers are still shredded from yesterday so it's a bit rough.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by Joko View Post
    At first, I made a much more complicated version of this song, but after a couple of days of working on it, I just wanted to relax and chill out in some everyyday, normal clothing and have a beer.

"https://youtu.be/X9-GZlYO60A"
    You need to fix that link mate
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Red face

I loved the idea of doing a song in drag. I once won a drag contest at university dolled up to the nines and singing: "You make me feel like a natural woman!" 😁

However, I had shaved my beard off by accident a couple of months back (long story) and took a while to grow it back. So I was reluctant to shave it off again. And bearded drag, like the winner of Eurovision a few years back, is just not me darling! 😜

Anyway, I then remembered the "neutral " mask I had used in a video before and donned it and one of my daughter's party dresses (she'll kill me if she sees the video) and her big floppy hat and was ready to sing the song the muse inspired me to write for this week's theme at 6am this morning.

Hope you all enjoy:

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

I was in a swing band when David Bowie died. We would often learn covers of recently passed musicians to play live during intermissions of the dance music. My friend in the band, Adrian, said he loved this song especially, but when we tried to figure it out, we looked at each other and said, "It ain't gonna happen!" We worked out Diamond Dogs instead. This song was such a puzzle, but I think I got most of it figured out this time around.

Hello, Joko/Jokena! My beard never turned up, so I sent away for another one (such is my devotion to duty!) When it arrived today and I put it on, I suddenly realised that I bore a remarkable resemblance to an esteemed member of this community. I should like to point out that this resemblance is purely co-incidental and was never intended ... sorry, Brian!!!! Anyway, my biker persona has come to the fore .... more like "Hell's Grannies"! I had an idea for another song which I hope to be able to find the time to do, but, at the moment, I have a dog with a poorly paw who is driving me bananas (but, fortunately, she is healing) and also, a ton of wood waiting to be stacked in the barn before it starts raining.

P.S. It is EXCEEDINGLY difficult to sing (or even concentrate) when you have extraneous bits of "hair" drifting up your nose and into your mouth!)
    Last edited by LimousinLil; 09-17-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Thread Information