Anyone needing tools to get started making ukulele?

DazW

Reaction score
Please close thread thanks.

Last edited:
Hi guys, it's with a heavy heart that I post this but needs must.
I'm looking to sell on all of my ukulele building tools, I've managed to get a lot of good stuff together and this would be a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to get started, everything you'll need really.

All primarily hand tools aside from the bending iron and drill, all nice quality, Veritas, Japanese made, Lie Nielsen etc. Lightly used so all great condition.

All in a good cause as I'm now homeschooling my daughter which will take up the majority of my time, along with work of course.

Just wanted to see if there are any interested folks on here before I consider options, it's a large lot but can be safely boxed up and shipped by DPD anywhere.

All in all I've spent just over £2000 on these tools, obviously I don't expect to get that amount back so if you're interested get in touch and we can talk. There are a few bits of wood I'll also add.

I'll add a list of contents to this thread shortly.

Thanks, Darren.

If I were in your place, I would think about whether you'll be going back to making stuff in the future, and the cost to reacquire the tools that you're selling now. Personally, I expect to have more time to work on building ukuleles and many other things when my younger daughter leaves for university in three years. Your tools will be perfectly happy to wait for that day to come for you, too. In the meantime, you may find you have time to chip away at little projects that will make use of them.

I hate to be perverse about this but if you are home schooling your daughter, isn't craft and woodwork an essential part of a well rounded education? Plus she'll need a desk and book shelves etc,

Not sure what the point of this comment is to be honest and its about as useful as a chocolate teapot. If she was interested in woodwork then yes absolutely! but she isn't so the time will be better spent doing other things.

Last edited:
Don't do it !! it takes a life time to aquire you tools like that....In no time at all your daughter will be grown up and married off before you know it.
(Talking from experience my little girl is now 55 and on to her 3rd husband)
sorry 2.jpg

Not sure what the point of this comment is to be honest and its about as useful as a chocolate teapot. If she was interested in woodwork then yes absolutely! but she isn't so the time will be better spent doing other things.

She probably isn't interested interested in maths or spelling either and while a chocolate teapot may sound useless it does sound delicious and perfect for serving iced tea.

Top Bottom